Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 Firmware v01.01.0010

You must be logged in and connected to the app. If your logged in, you do not need the access.

I just started update my Inspire 2 firmware and the bird updated fine but controller stuck on 99%, no progressing for over an hour.

Here are my procedure of update controller, from fail to success:

DJI assistant upgrade AC [OK] -> restart AC and stat up controller -> both linked -> splash screen report firmware upgrade to RC -> upgrade RC firmware (while AC turns ON and connected) -> RC upgrade STUCK at 99% for over an hour ->

force power off AC by pressing 1-short 1-long button on RC (the RC will try re- turn on itself during this period, so keep retry 2-3 times, also release your finger asap everytime once the power off procedure begin, don't hold your finger too long on the button otherwise it will easily trigger again the power on) ->

Once RC restarted, go into DJI apps and perform again firmware upgrade, the upgrade this time should finish very quickly (within 3 min), COMPLETE notification will show on the screen.

[final thoughts] Don't turn on the AC and connect with RC before the RC firmware upgrade, potentially causing the upgrade fail

My firmware upgrade all went smoothly, including all batteries, with the exception of the second remote which failed consistently. I eventually got the update to apply after swapping iOS devices and trying again. No idea if this was just luck or not, but it got the job done. Overall it took two hours to get all the updates applied...

And why of why do DJI insist on resetting lots (but not all) settings? Quick spin switched off, colour profile back to default, max distance reset to 5000m etc. Bit of a pain to have to go back through all menus, but good practice to ensure the settings are as you want them.

On the positive side no more CPU overload messages (I never got them on my iPad Pro, but had seen them on an iPhone 7 plus).

Just when I thought things were improving, flew this morning and received 5 CPU Full messages all clustering after 11 minutes of flight with my I2 and IPad 4 mini. No other programs running.

The firmware and Go 4 update did not work. Members are suggesting cooling the IPad between flights. Seems unacceptable.

DJI, it is time to resolve this issue!

Reactions: SanCap
which device exactly does the "CPU Full" messages regarding? the bird's CPU or tablet CPU?

Just when I thought things were improving, flew this morning and received 5 CPU Full messages all clustering after 11 minutes of flight with my I2 and IPad 4 mini. No other programs running.

The firmware and Go 4 update did not work. Members are suggesting cooling the IPad between flights. Seems unacceptable.

DJI, it is time to resolve this issue!

Hi @BarryBittman , I understand your frustrations as I am still getting the warnings and garbled screen with the cpu warning. It did't happen before the last 2 updates and should be corrected. I wonder if there is just too much going on in the new app for the mini 4 to handle it?? Maybe this is part of DJI's master plan but I have been using a new Crystal Sky 5.5" monitor with no CPU warnings.

Reactions: BarryBittman
SanCap,

Thanks for your note.

I also find it more than coincidental that these CPU Full errors and garbled screens arose simultaneously with the release of the CS monitors. About 2500 feet out, along a path I've flown more than 50 times, the screen becomes garbled yet I can still fly the I2. This never happened before the latest updates as well.

While there may be a lot going on, the I2 had none of these problems before the most recent updates. Either DJI abruptly changed their computational methods, or with new CS code, failed to retain the original code for non-DJI devices like the iPad.

I do not have a CS monitor but was wondering if you have one. If so, do the errors occur with CS monitors?

SanCap,

Thanks for your note.

I also find it more than coincidental that these CPU Full errors and garbled screens arose simultaneously with the release of the CS monitors. About 2500 feet out, along a path I've flown more than 50 times, the screen becomes garbled yet I can still fly the I2. This never happened before the latest updates as well.

While there may be a lot going on, the I2 had none of these problems before the most recent updates. Either DJI abruptly changed their computational methods, or with new CS code, failed to retain the original code for non-DJI devices like the iPad.

I do not have a CS monitor but was wondering if you have one. If so, do the errors occur with CS monitors?

I do have a CS 5.5 monitor and love it. I have it mounted on my Secraft tray. The only error I am seeing is a wifi interference issue. I did forget to turn off the wifi on the CS. I still do get the ignorant too much wind and right wheel is locked warnings. I honestly believe that this issue is not intentional and will be corrected.

Reactions: BarryBittman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice