Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Laowa 10mm/f2 in...

Reaction score
Just received the new Laowa 10mm/f2 directly ordered from Laowa/Hong Kong and hope to get some flying time this week. Will report ASAP
(much work at the office).

Looks good however, hope it works well with X5s.
I have the 7.5mm/f2 too, and at times it‘s a hot-swap pain. So I do hope the 10 mm will perform better in this regard.

Interestingly I use the 9mm/f2.8 with the X7 too, and with the X7 the 9mm is remarkable easy to use (needs Hot-Swapping as well of course, but there it works 10 out of 10 times).

Cheers
Christoph

IMG_7603.JPGIMG_7604.JPG

Reactions: rbycapri
Just received the new Laowa 10mm/f2 directly ordered from Laowa/Hong Kong and hope to get some flying time this week. Will report ASAP

I have the 7.5mm/f2 too, and at times it‘s a hot-swap pain. So I do hope the 10 mm will perform better in this regard.

Interestingly I use the 9mm/f2.8 with the X7 too, and with the X7 the 9mm is remarkable easy to use (needs Hot-Swapping as well of course, but there it works 10 out of 10 times).

Cheers
Christoph

View attachment 30542View attachment 30543
very interesting! i am just looking to get a new lens for the i2. hope you write some more about !

Cheers
Christoph

View attachment 30542View attachment 30543
Can you please explain what "hot swapping" is in this case?

And how 10/2 works? ;)

Hot swapping a lens just means changing a lens without turning off the power to the camera/aircraft.

Why does it need?
It has to do with lenses that are not electronically controlled(dumb lens) verses lenses that are. In post number one, the 7.5mm Laowa lens is a dumb lens. Some reading material here. Look for post number 22.

Last edited:
Great to hear your verification on 9mm for X7.
I have the 7.5 for X5S & X5R... and it is a bit of a pain to successfully get it to function. Have heard the 9mm & X7 the problem doesn't exist but was still a little questioning.

Makes the 9mm for X7 a lot more enticing!

The new MFT 10mm, is that manual or full electronic... has all the contacts so assume it's not manual. What does the "Dreamer" label mean... soft focus?

Look forward to hearing how the 10mm performs for you. I have the 12mm M.Zuiko (Panasonic) and like it a lot with X5 series... ultra sharpe & flat.

Great to hear your verification on 9mm for X7.
I have the 7.5 for X5S & X5R... and it is a bit of a pain to successfully get it to function. Have heard the 9mm & X7 the problem doesn't exist but was still a little questioning.

Makes the 9mm for X7 a lot more enticing!

The new MFT 10mm, is that manual or full electronic... has all the contacts so assume it's not manual. What does the "Dreamer" label mean... soft focus?

Look forward to hearing how the 10mm performs for you. I have the 12mm M.Zuiko (Panasonic) and like it a lot with X5 series... ultra sharpe & flat.
12mm M.Zuiko Panasonic? You surely meant Olympus, didn't you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters