Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New long range record 3296m flight data and footage

Hi,

Did you never lost the video signal during your flight?
Do you use just the standard antennas etc?

have a great day, Sven

Over houses, cars, streets, people and out of line of sight. There it has been said. Sweet video.

3300 meters is nothing to sneeze at. ;)

Wish you overlaid some Dashware gauges so we can verify actual distances flown by comparing video footage to Google Maps satellite imagery.

I assume this was only possible because of FPVLR antennas?

Over houses, cars, streets, people and out of line of sight. There it has been said. Sweet video.

Lol, I think the difference is that I don't live in a police state. At the furthest extent of this flight I was aware that about 400 metres to the right of the aircraft was the 4km no-fly zone from the local airport. In New Zealand it is legal to fly over houses, cars and roads as long as you avoid them by 50 metres which I clearly did.

I choose to abide by the spirit of the law, not necessarily the letter of the law.

Reactions: sirnikolas and Mazz
I've heard that FPVLR antennas will allow a solid FPV signal out to 4 miles, maybe a little more.

I'm sure they will but you then start running the risk of flying beyond the capability of your battery. To reach 4 miles (6.43kms) in one direction you then need to be able to turn around and get home. This is a total flight range of 8 miles or 12.8kms. It would be fair to assume that you will have a slight tail wind in one direction and a slight head wind in the other which you need to factor in too. You would need to reduce your critical battery levels down to zero and hope like hell that you don't miscalculate your wind speeds.

Lol, I think the difference is that I don't live in a police state. At the furthest extent of this flight I was aware that about 400 metres to the right of the aircraft was the 4km no-fly zone from the local airport. In New Zealand it is legal to fly over houses, cars and roads as long as you avoid them by 50 metres which I clearly did.

I choose to abide by the spirit of the law, not necessarily the letter of the law.
Where do you live ?? I bet we police it ..cause we police the world.
And don't piss us off or we will bomb you!!!!
Turbo. ...

I'm sure they will but you then start running the risk of flying beyond the capability of your battery. To reach 4 miles (6.43kms) in one direction you then need to be able to turn around and get home. This is a total flight range of 8 miles or 12.8kms. It would be fair to assume that you will have a slight tail wind in one direction and a slight head wind in the other which you need to factor in too. You would need to reduce your critical battery levels down to zero and hope like hell that you don't miscalculate your wind speeds.

8 miles roundtrip is "white knuckle flying" for sure simply because of the distance involved.

However, with Inspire's advertised top speed of 49 MPH in ATTI mode this would equate to around a 10-minute total flight time on a perfectly calm day with zero winds (or less than 5 MPH headwind coming back). Not a problem at all for the TB48 battery's advertised max. flight time of around 22 minutes.

Even in GPS mode's average speed of around 35 MPH, an 8 mile roundtrip would take about 14 minutes. Still easily within spec of the TB48 battery.

Of course, you need to subtract a few minutes because of the time/energy it takes to ascend/descend to/from the usual 300-400 ft. flying elevation above ground.

Based on these numbers, I anticipate seeing a lot of 3 and 4 mile range vids popping up on YouTube from FPVLR-equipped Inspire 1's. Sit back and enjoy the ride, folks! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop