Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

new member help

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to using forums and my new Inspire1. I just purchased a Ipad Air2 16gb WiFi. and waiting for it to arrive. I would like to get some help and tips on setting it up. I have watched a lot of Utube videos and was hoping to talk with some people that has more knowledge then I have (which is none). I know before I fly my Inspire1 I want to use the pilot simulator app a bunch of times. I live in Lake Havasu, Az. I was hoping to meet someone in my area already some experience in flying or has purchased a Inspire1

Hi,

Welcome to the forum - hopefully someone will be along who lives in your area.

Welcome to the club........You will love your Inspire :)

Reactions: Ray787
Hello, I am new to using forums and my new Inspire1. I just purchased a Ipad Air2 16gb WiFi. and waiting for it to arrive. I would like to get some help and tips on setting it up. I have watched a lot of Utube videos and was hoping to talk with some people that has more knowledge then I have (which is none). I know before I fly my Inspire1 I want to use the pilot simulator app a bunch of times. I live in Lake Havasu, Az. I was hoping to meet someone in my area already some experience in flying or has purchased a Inspire1

Hi Ray787 I have the same set up as you and i'm sure someone will come along shortly that lives in your area. Its not hard to set it up and i fine the ipad air2 to work just fine. The biggest issue is the glare on the screen which as you read through the site will see fixes from others to keep the glare off the screen. Get ready you are going have a blast

Welcome!
I bought an Air2 specifically for my Inspire, although I have "cheated" a bit since then.. You'll find that the glare is a problem. I'm still looking for a good hood for it. Other than that, it's the fastest Apple product you can use, and I really like the size of the screen.
I just set up everything through it, ( DJI account/registration, etc.), and had no problems.
You're probably going to want a larger SD card for the camera. Make sure it's a class 10, and as fast as your $ will buy. I'm using a Sandisk, and it works fine.
Practice on the simulator, and get comfortable with what all the icons do in the app, and your first fights will be much more enjoyable.
This thing is a blast to fly. I still have much to learn about what I can do with the camera.

Welcome!
I bought an Air2 specifically for my Inspire, although I have "cheated" a bit since then.. You'll find that the glare is a problem. I'm still looking for a good hood for it. Other than that, it's the fastest Apple product you can use, and I really like the size of the screen.
I just set up everything through it, ( DJI account/registration, etc.), and had no problems.
You're probably going to want a larger SD card for the camera. Make sure it's a class 10, and as fast as your $ will buy. I'm using a Sandisk, and it works fine.
Practice on the simulator, and get comfortable with what all the icons do in the app, and your first fights will be much more enjoyable.
This thing is a blast to fly. I still have much to learn about what I can do with the camera.
Thank you so much for your reply ... I am so exciting about flying it but I'm going to make sure I have the simulator down before my 1st flight since I really don't know anyone in my area that has a Inspire 1. I live on a golf course so I have a huge wide open area I can fly. 4ooor................. :)

Hi Ray787 I have the same set up as you and i'm sure someone will come along shortly that lives in your area. Its not hard to set it up and i fine the ipad air2 to work just fine. The biggest issue is the glare on the screen which as you read through the site will see fixes from others to keep the glare off the screen. Get ready you are going have a blast
Thank you for your reply ....Keep me posted how it is going

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool