Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New model: DJI Matrice 600

The question is how do you land with that spin?
Home lock mode starts the spin id like to see how it stops
I'm not sure you could stop that spin until its on the deck, or stop it just above the deck and it drops down. The spin looks like it's induced in a multiple engine failure to maintain control, but not in a single engine failure (similar the algorithm demonstrated for a quad copter with an engine failure). I would be impressed just to get it to the ground with multiple engine failures.

The question is how do you land with that spin?
Home lock mode starts the spin id like to see how it stops
It doesn't - you will just be grateful you get it back in one piece with multiple motor/esc failure.
The counter rotational forces will not allow it to fly 'straight' with off axis motor thrust missing. The same as a helicopter will just spin if it's tail motor goes out.

Looks an interesting piece of kit - shame it's illegal for you guys in the States to fly one when it's released. :p
We will be able to use it in the UK from day one but you guys states side will have to stay grounded........
See my post here
Seems the SRW-60G will not be licenceable under current US regulations.......oppps.

I'm not sure you could stop that spin until its on the deck, or stop it just above the deck and it drops down. The spin looks like it's induced in a multiple engine failure to maintain control, but not in a single engine failure (similar the algorithm demonstrated for a quad copter with an engine failure). I would be impressed just to get it to the ground with multiple engine failures.
The i1 should have this same safety feature. Tornado Mode
Crash in a safe spot, mandatory firmware quad update

The i1 should have this same safety feature. Tornado Mode
Crash in a safe spot, mandatory firmware quad update

Ive mentioned this in the past, and wish they would include it into the firmware. I originally though the algorithm that I had seen demonstrated at the Ted talks was patented, but looks like DJI can do it too. That would be an extremely valuable firmware update

Ok update - I have been contacted by DJI and

Would be nice but unfortunately it's too underpowered.

The little quads I had seen this done on didn't appear to be too overpowered, would be even good if it at least kept it flat and slowed the descent?

I have seen a lot of info on this bird and I am super stoked. It is nice to have one unit that will carry an array of different cameras. This bird reminding me of the Freefly Alta especially when upgraded to the super accurate D-RTK GNSS system. Also to be able to fly near magnetic interference is safer. Also being able to throw up to 3 blades and still land, well that is killer cool. I have several units ordered and will be testing these units very soon. If anybody has any questions please give me a call. I'll be happy to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez