Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New model: DJI Matrice 600

Makes sense for the X5, X5R and XT :)
Twin battery, 44.4 volts, 1.2m size.
Can't wait for more details....
Will also push it over 7kg so means more certifications for some who want to use it commercially and only have sub 7kg. I can see it will be easier to get approval for an OSC though with additional redundancy not only in motor numbers, and power but also collision avoidance.

Reactions: simon@DEF
Will also push it over 7kg so means more certifications for some who want to use it commercially and only have sub 7kg. I can see it will be easier to get approval for an OSC though with additional redundancy not only in motor numbers, and power but also collision avoidance.

Are you sure it will top 7kg -- seems a bit high even with dual battery and X5. I'd have guessed more like 5kg or at most 6kg. The fully loaded X5 Inspire comes in a bit under 3.5kg and with 2 more motors I don't see why it would need to be much more than 5kg unless they're looking for a much bigger payload.

Brian

Reactions: SanCap
This was posted on fb.

Motors look shorter, but kinda looks like the e1200 propulsion.
13015597_10153434402602051_1184400829544529424_n.jpg

This was posted on fb.

Motors look shorter, but kinda looks like the e1200 propulsion.
View attachment 8004
Actually, this picture makes a lot of sense. It looks like an S900 DJI airframe with modifications to include obstacle avoidance and retractable landing gear. From a business perspective, this makes a lot of sense and I've been predicting it for a few months now. I belong to PAPA, the aerial photographers org and very few have even used a UAV much less own and operate. I could see this concept checking a lot of boxes for this group; flexible payload, obstacle avoidance (yeah, yeah, I know... it's like driving a sports car with an automatic trany for some), capability to carry large format DSLRs, relatively open to modification... Only problem I see and DJI may not see it as a problem, this would kill the S1000-900 market. They may want that.

Ouch! I did not notice that. Hopefully they will have one that is legal in the states.

Last edited:
And... now your batteries have to come from DJI and not off the open market (for those not familiar with the "Spreading Wings" line of DJI products, you can buy your batteries from a number of producers of generic LiPos)! Swing!!!

I just noticed that you are right above me. I am in Chattanooga...

I just noticed that you are right above me. I am in Chattanooga...
We will have to fly together one day! I've been wanting to sneak down there and capture stock for a few days.

I'm wondering if they make use use the DJI GO app for the M600 or, if it will be like the S series? Pictures make me thing the app... If so, BIG disadvantage.

The starting price is right at the I1 Pro with X5 but the M600 is bone stock at that price. I'm guessing if you zoot it out with the full range of control options you'd be looking about more like $8K and that before you put a mount or camera on it.

But, getting upwards of 35 minutes with an X5R would be real nice. I wondering how the Ronin mount does on a drone platform with respect to tilted horizons etc.

Brian

I think this makes perfect sense. It gives you the option of staying in the DJI world and being able to lift big gear. I am certainly going to consider one as I get better.

Reactions: Kilrah
Are you sure it will top 7kg -- seems a bit high even with dual battery and X5. I'd have guessed more like 5kg or at most 6kg. The fully loaded X5 Inspire comes in a bit under 3.5kg and with 2 more motors I don't see why it would need to be much more than 5kg unless they're looking for a much bigger payload.

Brian

I am pretty sure it carries 6 batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters