Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New pilot from Weymouth

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Simon, and I live in Weymouth Dorset, I currently own a vehicle valeting business, but have been looking for something to replace it due to physical health problems !

As a kid I always loved anything RC, I had boats,cars, planes, heli's, you name it, if it could be remote controlled Id have one, and during a conversation with one of my regular clients the subject of drones came up, I happen to mention that I was looking at starting up a commercial drone operation partly due to my love of all things RC, and the fact that I love photography, and needed something to do that was less physical !

My client then uttered the magic words, "Mmmm, drones eh, do you want one"? long story short, I'm now the proud new owner of his one year old Inspire one, which came with two batteries, and a 2nd controller, so I'll be able to take advantage of the dual control feature, I've had this awesome bit of technology for just over a week and have only managed to fly it twice due to the rubbish weather we've been having, but wow, what an awesome machine, I was a bit nervous on my first flight as its been a while since Ive flown anything, let alone anything as advanced as the Inspire 1 !! but what a dream machine to fly folks, it's surprising easy to fly and I felt immediately quite comfortable with it, although we've not been able to get the 2nd remote to connect as the slave, (or as a master for that matter) to control the camera !

My step son is just starting college and is doing a photography and videography course, plus editing etc etc, so he will be my camera operator, and is as excited as I am about the new venture, so it's out with the Inspire every spare minute I can find from here on, need to get some fly hours and experience ready for booking my UAV license course, so any recommendations for which course to take and which company to use would be most helpful ?! I have watched many YouTube videos on anything drone that I can find, and have spent hours online, researching rules, regulations etc, came across a company called Heliguy that looks like it could be very useful, and have been looking at their courses

I look forward to spending time here in the forums and chatting with other new pilots like myself, and hopefully picking up some good info, hints and tips from all the experienced and qualified pilots too, hopefully one day I can help others in return
Simon

Hi, my name is Simon, and I live in Weymouth Dorset, I currently own a vehicle valeting business, but have been looking for something to replace it due to physical health problems !

As a kid I always loved anything RC, I had boats,cars, planes, heli's, you name it, if it could be remote controlled Id have one, and during a conversation with one of my regular clients the subject of drones came up, I happen to mention that I was looking at starting up a commercial drone operation partly due to my love of all things RC, and the fact that I love photography, and needed something to do that was less physical !

My client then uttered the magic words, "Mmmm, drones eh, do you want one"? long story short, I'm now the proud new owner of his one year old Inspire one, which came with two batteries, and a 2nd controller, so I'll be able to take advantage of the dual control feature, I've had this awesome bit of technology for just over a week and have only managed to fly it twice due to the rubbish weather we've been having, but wow, what an awesome machine, I was a bit nervous on my first flight as its been a while since Ive flown anything, let alone anything as advanced as the Inspire 1 !! but what a dream machine to fly folks, it's surprising easy to fly and I felt immediately quite comfortable with it, although we've not been able to get the 2nd remote to connect as the slave, (or as a master for that matter) to control the camera !

My step son is just starting college and is doing a photography and videography course, plus editing etc etc, so he will be my camera operator, and is as excited as I am about the new venture, so it's out with the Inspire every spare minute I can find from here on, need to get some fly hours and experience ready for booking my UAV license course, so any recommendations for which course to take and which company to use would be most helpful ?! I have watched many YouTube videos on anything drone that I can find, and have spent hours online, researching rules, regulations etc, came across a company called Heliguy that looks like it could be very useful, and have been looking at their courses

I look forward to spending time here in the forums and chatting with other new pilots like myself, and hopefully picking up some good info, hints and tips from all the experienced and qualified pilots too, hopefully one day I can help others in return
Simon
Welcome to the forum.
The guys at Heliguy are a good bunch but there are other NQE's out there as good if not better.
Don't forget you will need to hold a PfCO from the CAA before you can do any type of commercial work as well as full liability insurance.
Plenty of information on the forum about that. If you cannot find what you are looking for using search just ask - lots of knowledgeable members on here, many with PfCO.

Hello Simon
I also live in Weymouth and in fact just around the corner from you in Portwey Close.
I have a few years of Inspire 1 flying under my belt, so if you need any help at all let me know..
Regards
David

Reactions: Simonnixon65
Hi Simon.
I’m near Blandford. If you ever want to meet up for a fly or a chat.
Regards,
Graham.

Hello Simon
I also live in Weymouth and in fact just around the corner from you in Portwey Close.
I have a few years of Inspire 1 flying under my belt, so if you need any help at all let me know..
Regards
David
Hi David, we'll have to meet up for a chat ! Im having a couple of issuse with my inspire at mo !

Hi David, we'll have to meet up for a chat ! Im having a couple of issuse with my inspire at mo !
Hi Simon
Unfortunate timing as I am going to be abroad from 19th April - 3rd May.
When I return I will be more than happy to help out.
Regards
David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry