Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Symptoms

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently took delivery of my I1. I have replied to a couple of threads on here describing the problems I have experienced with Compass Error -switched to atti mode. This problem shows its ugly head every time I attempt to fly and then seems to disappear a few minutes later.

So far I haven't had any crashes or accidents as I know to expect it now and until it clears I watch it like a hawk. However I noticed a new symptom when I tried flying yesterday and wondered if anybody else has encountered the same thing.

After changing out the battery and powering back up I waited a few minutes until the safe to fly with GPS turned green. I took off and hovered for a few seconds, all was good and turned the bird around 180deg pointing back towards me, my screen flicked up a warning stating compass error again. Because of a reasonable wind I turned it around 180 again and brought it into land. At about 30cm off the ground the status turned green again and everything said it was good. I throttled up and climbed it went yellow this time staying yellow and reporting a continuous compass error. Brought it in to land and again at 30cm it went good again, I was able to repeat this about 4 or 5 times. Can't think of an explanation for this, no large metal structures or no cell phone towers etc. had done compass cal and checked the IMU status.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Could be there's something metallic in the ground where you are.

As you calibrated there it accounts for it, then when you fly away its influence disappears and the compass calib doesn't match anymore.

Possible I suppose but while experiencing the problems I had I was approx 0.5 meters away from where it was calibrated. It was calibrated on my first battery of the day but not the second. It was during the second battery flights I experienced the problems.

Possible I suppose but while experiencing the problems I had I was approx 0.5 meters away from where it was calibrated. It was calibrated on my first battery of the day but not the second. It was during the second battery flights I experienced the problems.
What were your compass mod values AFTER calibration? If they were up in the 1600 or 1700's or down in the 1300's that's usually a good sign that something is a little awry and you should re calibrate in anew spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop