Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New to quads

Reaction score
and have my sights set on an Inspire. Probably looking at a purchase in April or May.

In the mean time, I'm thinking about getting a toy quad just to practice the basic flying mechanics. Are there any sub $100 copters out there that anyone would recommend just to learn the basics? Or am I about to waste $100?

Do A search, there's some threads on here. I brought a Syma X5C, less than £40 from Amazon.

Hubsan x4. If you can fly that indoors without hitting anything and do basic figure of 8 then you should be nearly there.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
and have my sights set on an Inspire. Probably looking at a purchase in April or May.

In the mean time, I'm thinking about getting a toy quad just to practice the basic flying mechanics. Are there any sub $100 copters out there that anyone would recommend just to learn the basics? Or am I about to waste $100?
This is the one I've been practicing with--indoors and out. Flys really well. The camera isn't worth a ****, though it shoots in 720--hilarious!
Highly recommend.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...KOa1N796cMCFQeRaQodvD4AeA&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I got a Dromida Kodo, but I already broke all the props, since that thing is horribly hard to fly... Waiting on more props. In the meantime, I got a sim called "Quadcopter FX" for around $5 that has lots of options.

+1 for the Syma X5C. I've bought a few of these for my father and I, and am very impressed with how well these work, even in strong winds. They hold up pretty well with small crashes, and come with extra blades just in case. Their support is good too - had an issue with one of my rechargers, and they sent me two new ones free of charge. It's only 7'ish minutes per battery charge, but it's completely manual (nothing auto about it) so you are forced to learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo