Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New to the DJI Pilot app? Start here.

Here is a cool screen recorder for IOS devices.

first go to:

http://emu4ios.net/
then down load: Shou

If you can, down load IRec, when i try to install this app, the installation stops and asks to try later. So i will but i understand that IRec is better then Shou but this is working for me for now.

Also, make sure you stops all unnecessary processes in the IPAD or IPHONE, if not, the Inspire 1 down link video will start distorting due to lack of digital processing in real time from the IOS APP to the IOS device display unit.
This effect is NOT the Inspire 1 RC, it's the Bandwidth within the IOS device, i am currently using a IPAD Mini 2, with 16 Meg of memory just for the inspire use. No email setup or other none essential apps installed.

Enjoy and let me know how it works for you and if you happen to install the IRec app.

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Pardon the stupid question, but does the Inspire need to use an Apple (iPad, iPad Mini, etc)? Can it hook to a good Android tablet or smartphone?

Copied from DJI's website:

"Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z3 EXPERIA, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)"

Thank you Adam for the links, I wasn't aware of the second video.

Copied from DJI's website:

"Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z3 EXPERIA, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)"

Thank you Adam for the links, I wasn't aware of the second video.
Thanks!

I flew the Inspire for the first time on Tuesday with a brand new Ipad Air stock out of the box and the video picture was horrible and distorted. I tried it on my Galaxy Note 4 phone and the distortion went away but there was some noted lag.
Again the ipad was fresh from the box with only the DJI Pilot app added. What is the best way to free up processing power on the ipad to get the fastest and best video screen when flying? I'm not to familiar with using the ipad. The Inspire flew great. It was the picture breaking up that put a downer on the joy of the first flight.

Just installed the new go app on my ipad air 2 and installed the new firm ware on the p3p no problems. So when I attached the ipad air to the inspire radio I had no video feed and it said to update the firmware on the inspire. So I downloaded the newest and set the file up like I had in all my other upgrades Was getting the 4 beeps then after awhile got the inspire tone like when you first start it up, then went back to the 4 beep Did that same thing for a while so I assumed it was done. shut it down, turned on the radio and re booted the inspire and now it has a solid beep, the gimble goes limp then the gimble starts a steady beep beep beep etc. I looked at the txt file and it failed and said something about the controller.
Now when ever I boot up the inspire in just has a loud beep and red lights. HELP!!

Last edited:
Make sure the RC is OFF when you update your AC
Delete all the files on the sd card and load the new FW file onto it.
Put the sd card in your camera and start over, this can take 25 - 30 minutes to complete, be patient.
Let us know how you get on with it..

I agree with Aviator, I also updated my Inspire 1, both Controllers and all batteries. NO ISSUES!

So do what he said, delete all files off the Memory card but the BIN file. Wait 25 Minutes. It takes a long time and wait for the D-DDD D-DDD... Don't turn on the RC as all. The last stage of the upgrade is the battery, so you will see some flashing on the battery and make sure your battery is fully charged before starting this procedure.

Update us after..
Best regards,
Steve

Typo.
So do what he said, delete all files off the Memory card but the BIN file. Wait 25 Minutes. It takes a long time and wait for the D-DDD D-DDD... "Don't turn on the RC at all". The last stage of the upgrade is the battery, so you will see some flashing on the battery and make sure your battery is fully charged before starting this procedure.

ALSO: After all looks good on the inspire 1, UPGRADE each RC... No inspire 1 on at this time.. Use the USB port on the RC... I use a card adapter so i am always using the same BIN as the copter. I keep looking at the results file after each upgrade for the status SUCCESS!

Good luck and keep up posted.

Best regards,
Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips