Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie Inspire 2 question

AlR

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Is it ok to fly the I2 without the X5S attached - just whilst I get used to the drone? DJI refresh or not - I'm just being cautious!

Thanks,

AlR

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

What's the best protocol for getting everything set up? I thought I read you should have the I2 powered off before connecting the X5s but it seems you have to turn on the I2 before you're able to connect it?

What's the recommended set by step from opening up the box to putting it back in the box?

What's the best protocol for getting everything set up? I thought I read you should have the I2 powered off before connecting the X5s but it seems you have to turn on the I2 before you're able to connect it?

What's the recommended set by step from opening up the box to putting it back in the box?
First put in the batteries, then press the power button 5 times so the I2 will push the landing gear down. Then push the power button twice and hold to turn off the I2. Once it shuts down, install your camera and you SD/SSD card if you have one. Turn your remote on, then start your DJI app, press the I2 power button twice and hold until it starts. To put away, just reverse these steps. The I2 will not go into stow away mode if the camera is still connected, so make sure its disconnected. I always make sure the remote is turned on first and last to turn off. I guess thats just from old school R/C planes and helicopters.

Everything I have read says that the Camera can be hot swapped.

Here are the steps I take.

1. Open Case
2. Set Inspire 2 on Ground
3. Insert Batteries, and press power button 5 times.
4. Inspire 2 comes out of travel mode
5. Install X5s Camera on Inspire 2.
6. Install Props
7. Remove Lens Cap.
8. Fly around and take great shots and then land
9. Remove Props
10. Press power button 5 times
11. Remove X5s Camera
12. Inspire 2 goes back into Travel Mode.
13 Put drone / accessories in case.

My only drone experience prior to my Inspire was my Mavic which I have had for a few months. My first 6 flights have been with no camera. Just in case I were to have an incident I don't want to damage my $1500 X5S. I assume the flight time is quite a bit longer with no camera as well.

1. Open Case
6. Install Props
7. Remove Lens Cap.
9. Remove Props
11. Remove X5s Camera

Ok great these are the steps I thought just wasn't sure about connecting camera while on. Thanks for the info. I did seem to have some issue with the controller not seeing the I2. Is it better to turn on the remote first then quickly turn on the I2?

Ok great these are the steps I thought just wasn't sure about connecting camera while on. Thanks for the info. I did seem to have some issue with the controller not seeing the I2. Is it better to turn on the remote first then quickly turn on the I2?

I always turn the controller on first, but there is no hurry to turn on the Inspire 2 after the controller is on. I have never had issues.

You should never turn on the I2 (or any RC aircraft for that matter) before your transmitter.
The TX will look for a low noise floor frequency to establish a link on and will then sit there 'listening' for a valid bound aircraft.

Reactions: MobileAndMonitoring

1. Open Case
6. Install Props
7. Remove Lens Cap.
9. Remove Props
11. Remove X5s Camera

Ok second flight today. Next question is what about when you want to land and change out batteries quickly and take off again?

When I landed today I stopped the rotors and powered off the aircraft. With the landing gear down and camera still connected I powered down the I2 removed the batteries and installed two charged batteries. I then powered up the I2 and when it connected to the RC it says unable to go into travel mode please remove camera.

Should I be removing the camera every time I want to swap batteries? Am I doing something incorrect?

Ok second flight today. Next question is what about when you want to land and change out batteries quickly and take off again?

When I landed today I stopped the rotors and powered off the aircraft. With the landing gear down and camera still connected I powered down the I2 removed the batteries and installed two charged batteries. I then powered up the I2 and when it connected to the RC it says unable to go into travel mode please remove camera.

Should I be removing the camera every time I want to swap batteries? Am I doing something incorrect?
I've neve received that error. Might of been a glitch because I change my batteries consistently and I fly for about 60-75 minutes and change out just like you. Does it do this all the time?

To swap over batteries between flights, just leave camera attached. If it's told you it can't go into travel mode, it sounds like you powered back up using 5+ presses of the power button. If you've done that in landing mode with the camera attached, it'd think you want to go into travel mode to put it away & it won't let you go into travel mode if the camera is installed. Remember - the power down/up is short+long press of power button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
summaradoca