Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie with Inspire 1 Help Help

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a new I1 and haven't even been able to fly it . As per instruction it says to up grade firmware 1st to make sure you have latest one . Yes this sound simple and easy . I'm sorta a computer nerd so doing this as they say was simple except after upgrading the AC and RC and battery . I read the text files and it seem one of them didn't upgrade. one text file read upgrading . The AC did do all the dances with the camera gimbel and showed a green light when it was done . The RC did upgrade and I confirmed it with the pilot app. So tried to play with it in the house ( not props ) just to see how the app worked . Nothing happen The RC could not detect the AC , Just the Ac status led stayed red and same for the LED on RC. App did not show the AC was even there . Tried to relink the controller with AC because some say after firmware up grade , you might have to do that . That didn't work either . So tried to redo firmware in AC again 1st attempt noting happen but the normal power up dance and then status led light just turned red . Sat there for over 1/2 before I powered it down tex file read fail to upgrade try again so I did with the same thing happening . Yes I did try reformatting card and re downloading file and also tried that with the card that came with unit and also another one and put the .bin file on card and also erased .tex files . So do I have do I have a 3K brick with a red light or what . any help would be welcomed

What beeping sound is coming from the AC when you are upgrading? it should change when it is complete and it does take quite a long time to complete the upgrade process.
Is the red light a solid one or does it flash?

Last edited:
It sounds to me like you didn't read the manual carefully or see the video. Hopefully the video will clear things up for you. Good Luck!!

This may not be your problem, but I've found that the remote cannot connect to the aircraft if I stand too close to the aircraft. The antennas in the aircraft are in the outer downward sloping portions of the feet, and if my Inspire is on a table and I'm standing with the remote above it fairly close, it won't connect. If you're doing something similar, try moving away from the aircraft by 5-10 feet immediately after powering it on. Also, try to stand behind it or in front of it.

Edit: re-read original post, noted aircraft indicator staying red. Clearly not your problem. Good luck!

mTp

Last edited:
Read the manual thoroughly many times and watched any video multiple times I could find on the inspire 1 for the last 2 months before I even bought it . It's not really hard to do the firmware up grade

It sounds to me like you didn't read the manual carefully or see the video. Hopefully the video will clear things up for you. Good Luck!!

What beeping sound is coming from the AC when you are upgrading? it should change when it is complete and it does take quite a long time to complete the upgrade process.
Is the red light a solid one or does it flash?
There was no sound coming AC except for fan Red light was on steady

Be sure the SD card is formated as FAT32 rather than exFAT or NTFS. If you format it as FAT32, put the .bin at the top level, power off the AC, insert the card, and power up the AC, it *should* go through some preliminary stuff and start the "d-d-d-d" (four short buzzes) upgrade pattern within a minute or so. If it doesn't, I think it may be bricked and you need to seek service or return.

I'm a newbie myself, so I'm no expert. The SD card I've successfully done three upgrades with is the Lexar 633x 16GB card that came with the Inspire.

Good luck!

mTp

I read the text files and it seem one of them didn't upgrade. one text file read upgrading .

One of them? Are you referring to the aircraft here? Were you ever successful at upgrading the aircraft? Confirmed?

I'm assuming that the RC upgraded but the aircraft did not based on your description. Also, I know it is simple to do firmware upgrade as you say, but here is a reminder to be sure that the RC is off when you are trying to do a firmware upgrade. Worth a try.

(And props not installed)

One of them? Are you referring to the aircraft here? Were you ever successful at upgrading the aircraft? Confirmed?

I'm assuming that the RC upgraded but the aircraft did not based on your description. Also, I know it is simple to do firmware upgrade as you say, but here is a reminder to be sure that the RC is off when you are trying to do a firmware upgrade. Worth a try.

(And props not installed)
Yep did all that

Be sure the SD card is formated as FAT32 rather than exFAT or NTFS. If you format it as FAT32, put the .bin at the top level, power off the AC, insert the card, and power up the AC, it *should* go through some preliminary stuff and start the "d-d-d-d" (four short buzzes) upgrade pattern within a minute or so. If it doesn't, I think it may be bricked and you need to seek service or return.

I'm a newbie myself, so I'm no expert. The SD card I've successfully done three upgrades with is the Lexar 633x 16GB card that came with the Inspire.

Good luck!

mTp
Well I'm sort of a computer nerd so I'm very aware of the fat 32 format for sim cards , have the Laxar card 16mb card that came with it and also a 64mb verson to tried both

Okay leaning more on the idea that my Inspire 1 already had lastest firmwere installed and by trying to install it again threw the RC out of wack . After rebooting them both they work just fine , problem solved , thanks for the suggestions everybody
Happy flying

Well I'm sort of a computer nerd so I'm very aware of the fat 32 format for sim cards , have the Laxar card 16mb card that came with it and also a 64mb verson to tried both
Computer nerd.. fat32 for SIM card? 16mb card? 32mb version? and eventually tried rebooting! Jeez give me strength!!

;) I know...

...Nothing's worse than a computer nerd, who needs product support. :)
Never asked for support for a computer , not a Inspire nerd . People learn by asking questions that's why I join the forums here to learn , not to be criticized . The problem had absolutely nothing to do with sim card . Your ignorance toward me was not needed so please so never comment on anything I post again
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido