Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newsroom Pilot in Omaha, NE

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm Josh Gear, a newly minted pilot, working in Omaha, Nebraska. In addition to my personal UAS, I'm leading the charge of aerial journalism at the television station I work for with a shiny new Inspire 2. I'm looking forward to all of the great insight and advice from everyone here.

Reactions: Mixchief
Hey Josh! I am also in Omaha - interested in how you got in on an aerial gig. I am interested in something part time, although I do use my Inspire 1 for gigs from time to time.

Hey Josh! I am also in Omaha - interested in how you got in on an aerial gig. I am interested in something part time, although I do use my Inspire 1 for gigs from time to time.

Truth be told, I sort of backed into it! I'm a news photographer by trade, and our corporate owners have made the move to encourage UAS journalism. Basically, my boss asked me if I'd be interested in learning (took an education course through the NPPA) and off I went! In terms of stations in the area, I believe we (KETV) are the only ones with a dedicated craft and staff, but if you're interested, I'd reach out to the area stations to see if they're looking for anyone, either for hire or freelance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44