Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nexus 7 II (2013) or Nvidia Shield ?

Reaction score
Hello,

which tablet works better with the pilot app ? Is the performance similar of does one of those two show more video lag / lesser smoothness ? With the Nexus II I would save some money.....

I have the shield and love it. Runs the pilot app great. I don't have anything to compare it to, though.
I see no lag..and it's got a brand new video processor--the A15. It's being touted as a "gaming tablet"..so we can assume (bad word to use, I know) that the graphic abilities are amazing. HDMI out on the tablet would show the app on goggles too. And I put a 64gb SD card in it right away. So great.

Clear choice, the Shield. Now a real question would be shield or ipad mini2? Same Price and ultimate performance. Now that the ios app is public again, no android device can beat the mini 2/3 or air1/2.

And I'm not an apple guy, it hurts to say the above!

A few cool things that might out way the smooth performance of the ios device versus the shield. The shield has native screen record and HDMI out for googles.

Reactions: sdjackaerial
My NEXUS 7 refused to work it wouldn't connect. Got an NVIDIA Shield works great.

Clear choice, the Shield. Now a real question would be shield or ipad mini2? Same Price and ultimate performance. Now that the ios app is public again, no android device can beat the mini 2/3 or air1/2.

And I'm not an apple guy, it hurts to say the above!

A few cool things that might out way the smooth performance of the ios device versus the shield. The shield has native screen record and HDMI out for googles.
I prefer a device that I can make choices with. By that I mean--I can buy a 16gb shield for $300 and then add a 64gb sd card to (for $50) and drag files on and off it. Any file. Any format. How much is the 64gb ipad air2? $600.
Apple has kept users locked out since the dark ages and have had the attitude of "we know what's best for you". The shield has HDMI out..imagine a live feed from an Inspire1 at an event coming from the tablet going to a projector..killer.
I plug my phone into my computer, and it shows up like a friggin' flash drive. Drag on--drag off.
Android, dude.

I prefer a device that I can make choices with. By that I mean--I can buy a 16gb shield for $300 and then add a 64gb sd card to (for $50) and drag files on and off it. Any file. Any format. How much is the 64gb ipad air2? $600.
Apple has kept users locked out since the dark ages and have had the attitude of "we know what's best for you". The shield has HDMI out..imagine a live feed from an Inspire1 at an event coming from the tablet going to a projector..killer.
I plug my phone into my computer, and it shows up like a friggin' flash drive. Drag on--drag off.
Android, dude.
Tottally agree. Apple "decides" whats better for its consumers. Samsung is going the same way. Maybe a cool company like Nvidia will make the difference on this war.

Reactions: sdjackaerial

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102