Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nitecore DPE1, someone has it?

@Dobmatt would you mind translating this for a brother
being that you’re officially down wit da crew & what not

Show some crew love

I was looking at Nitecore DPE1, battery support that can hold up to four batteries, two TB50 and two TB55 batteries giving a flight time of 37 minutes...

Does anybody have it? Or tested?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 16.39.14.png

I was skeptical with the possibility of the packs disconnecting whilst
applying the brakes but it looks pretty solid!

It’s a matured thread around. I’ll see if we can get the that 1 deleted and
start a fresh here.

I got it. The 37 minutes is with 4 batteries and no camera attached and just hovering.
Flying around with no camera it was 30.
With the x7 it was only 3 extra minutes and the drone did NOT seem more stable.
In fact it was a little less.
Motors were not hot at all.

Juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Once again ...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, EVERYBODY!!! This is the craziest idea I've seen, ever. Total BS ...

I got it. The 37 minutes is with 4 batteries and no camera attached and just hovering.

You may be on those firmwares that make it unstable. Mine is really stable, but I am on very old fw.

Last edited:

I seen this idea and think it's worthless and I'm sure it's not good for the drone and the batteries. Bye doing this I believe that your doubling the power to the drone and DJI is not going cover any losses or damage to the drone. You have a hard time as it is to have your drone replaced and it's clearly said any Modifications that are done your voiding any warranty.

First of all dont say something that you have no clue about ,firmware will not stop you from using tb55,second,inspire 2 has wery powerful motors i dont think they will be stres out as long batteries will be balanced,that is exacly how the dp1 is manufactured,.I have both types of batteries and they work fine except for props hiting bt55,so im waiting on dp1 and will report on that in few days.

I believe the inspire i2 can carry up to 8 lbs with the camera. I would like to do the test myself when I get Time and find some weights.
First of all dont say something that you have no clue about ,firmware will not stop you from using tb55,second,inspire 2 has wery powerful motors i dont think they will be stres out as long batteries will be balanced,that is exacly how the dp1 is manufactured,.I have both types of batteries and they work fine except for props hiting bt55,so im waiting on dp1 and will report on that in few days.

Hello everyone ,today i went to the field and did some testing.First of all i have to point out that i live in Great white north(Canada),temperature was not bad 1 c degre,second batteryies that i was using tb55 where used batteries 78 charges,tb50 one had 97 charges other 38.
Here is my 2 cents into the drama that you guys created.
First i was satisfied with the flight time of the tb55,at 30% i had 26 min,at 15% 28 min,no camera on the drone and i was flying slow like in tripod mode even do i was in normal mode.
With the same conditions on the tb50 i had 19 min at 30% and 22min at 15%.
Now i have to say that the product itself nitecore is not perfect.
Problem #1 there is no locking mechanism for batteries ,so botom batteries could fall out if strap is instaled incorectly.
Problem #2 when i instaled 2 tb55 batteries on top mount straping them together would make them go towards center posibly doing some damage to the adaptors and or batteries,to corect the second problem i inserted balsa wood block and than straped both of them together which worked nicely.
There is also another isue the bird is less stable and more bulky,would not use in sports mode.Also gps is having harder time of holding in place ,but for tripod mode is ok.For now this is the only testing i did,when summer arives i will do more testing like 4xtb50,2xtb50 +2xtb55.Overall i give the product B++,

Reactions: slim.slamma
I have folowing questions.
1 where i can get modified props for dji inspire 2 so i can use tb55 without adapters.
Question number 2 where i can find modified 3 armed props for dji inspire 2 so i can use tb55.
As im thinking that could be much cheeper solution for using tb55 without the expensive adaptors,even that i oready have the adapters and they somewhat do work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo