Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nitecore DPE1, someone has it?

None taken Steve. I just like others thoughts on gear.
Hand catching would definitely be the only option with that extra pack weight. But otherwise the jury is still out for me.
If I can give you a friendly advice and my last post to this.
Do not even think about it and forget this whole contraption as quickly as you can. This is a nonsense and a very dangerous one as such!!

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
I don't think negativity was directed at you Slim (at least mine wasn't), I like to see new gadgets and all, but I'm just skeptical of this particular device. Especially when you look at it closely.

You can tell by looking at all the pictures and putting them together in your head that when this device is in place and batteries are in, the landing gear can't be in landing mode the rotors will hit the batteries. Which means you have to hand launch it with gear up, and catch it to land.

That is not correct, as per the manual they provide the batteries are installed with the landing gear down. The batteries don't protrude as far aft with this device and I believe, by looking at the photos, that this is how clearance from the props is attained.

As far as how it may affect CG, quad-copters are far better at dealing with CG issues since each engine can alter its lift to deal with a CG issue, unlike a fixed-wing aircraft.

Will this contraption work? It sure could. But, at what cost to the performance and durability of parts of the drone? That is the unknown.

29 mins flight time with X5S, down to 10%. 4 x TB50.

Attachments

• 9F15E076-CEDB-40EB-84FF-CCB4627952BB.jpeg
    9F15E076-CEDB-40EB-84FF-CCB4627952BB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
thank you so much! So strange that its not on the US site in English.
After tons of google translate and several credit card attempts (security kept blocking the transactions) I ordered mine today! thank you very much for your help!

for sure! I hope it ships quickly. Weird they charged 30Euro to ship to New York, where did you get it shipped to? it was 225 euros ($250USD) each.
I figure, if you liked it, its probably good. Ordered two because I know something will crap out on me at a crucial point in time when I need a backup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc