Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No stock until late next week...maybe

Reaction score
Just finished another long chat with Customer Support. They confirmed that DJI still doesn't have any stock (and haven't had any all week).

Initially I was told that they had "no idea" when they would have more stock. When I asked if anybody there had any idea, or whether everybody was clueless, the response was "almost total clueless :("

After persistent questioning I was told that according to the supervisor and logistics team, they are hoping for a batch of 400 late next week - but it's not for certain and they can't promise anything.

When I asked if there was a problem with production, the reply was "maybe".

None of this gives me much confidence.

Given all the issues, why are you in such a rush to get one?
Do you think it's those same issues that are the cause of the production delays?
I've read about a few things but don't they all seem like isolated incidents?
The latest one I saw is on one of the Facebook groups - a guy whose controller struggles for a signal within 100m.

Oh. And what I'm saying isn't true? Why don't you step up and buy one and tell us,all about your first hand experience?

And what are you bringing? Step up big shot. Buy one. Tell us all
I don't think there's ever been a product release in history that wasn't "buggy." Nothing is ever perfect. Someone will experience a defect. Everything you read online has to be taken with a grain of salt because typically, those who experience problems are more vocal than those who have none. I think it's safe to say the majority of people who have received their Inspires have experienced no issues and are having a blast. Myself included.

Could DJI have done a better job with the launch? Of course. Are they doing the right thing and correcting problems as they emerge? It's too early to tell. In some regards it seems like they are but in others they may not be. These things haven't even been officially released for a week yet.

True. But the difference is other products don't fall from the sky and crash and require such a high level of expent to repair. Also DJIS totally botched launch make these issues compounded

I own one. That's why I said, "I think it's safe to say the majority of people who have received their Inspires have experienced no issues and are having a blast. Myself included."
Well then I want to read those reports. I had one on order. Cancelled it. I want one. But given the level of dissatisfaction i read about. Ill wait. I'm glad you have.not had any issues. Truly. I hope I read more positive reports. Until I do I'm on the sideline

Well then I want to read those reports. I had one on order. Cancelled it. I want one. But given the level of dissatisfaction i read about. Ill wait. I'm glad you have.not had any issues. Truly. I hope I read more positive reports. Until I do I'm on the sideline

And some of us, at least, wouldn't mind if you waited there (on the sidelines) a bit more quietly.

Last edited:
Airwolf13.... not sure why you are so against this thing.. i have seen some isolated issues...

And some of us, at least, wouldn't mind if you waited there (on the sidelines) a bit more quietly.

Can't agree more. We all want one that is why we are reading the forums. If everyone is on the sideline like you, you will never get one because there are no reviews.

Back on topic, looks like Amazon storefronts are starting to ship inventory, and some have unreserved stock. I know that doesn't help pre-orders, and only compounds the pain of a pre-order delay, but it can be gleamed that units are making their way to shelves. Albeit slowly, but surely. I predict that many retailers will have a surplus stock within 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the wait times correlate to more polished firmware, end-products, and UX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa