Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Video Feed on Slave Remote

Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally received my second R/C unit. My cameraman is ridiculously excited.

I have just been setting up the master/slave configuration and I have run into a problem.

The slave remote is controlling the gimbal and the camera settings but there is no video feed to the iPhone 6 I am using the run the app on the slave remote. All the telemetry is there...just no video. I was using this iPhone 6 just fine when I only had a single controller so it was all working well before the dual control set up. The status box in the top centre of the screen is solid red and says "no signal." The status light on the control unit is solid purple which is as it should be.

I do have video to the iPad mini on the master remote. The corresponding top centre box there says "safe to fly - Non GPS" (I'm indoors).

I have read the DJI wiki and watched a couple of tutorials and I appear to have done everything correctly so a bit baffled by this.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers,

Simon.

Reactions: skeyeninja
I did. I have just swapped the iPad and the iPhone over. The same thing happens. Now the iPad screen has no video. It seems like the slave RC is sending its video output the master unit's visual display. Also the manual camera settings are not available on the app on the slave unit. The drawer is greyed out. FN works. Maybe my cameraman will be less excited now.

OK. Update. The purple status light on the slave RC shows it is in slave mode but it is not connected to the aircraft. I have tried to connect it by resetting it to a master controller (as per the manual) and using the RC linking button in the app and pressing the red linking button inside the nose cone of the Inspire. Still no joy - I'm guessing if I'm not connected to the aircraft I'm not getting the Light Bridge downlink.

Only the master needs to be connected to the aircraft. The slave then connects to the master.

That's what I thought. But on page 32 of the manual there is a list of what the LED status means.

SOLID PURPLE: "The remote controller is set as slave but it is not connected to the aircraft."

SOLID BLUE: The remote controller is set as slave and it is connected to the aircraft."

I can't get it to connect or go solid blue. I have tried to update the firmware on the controller that's just arrived to make sure it's on the same version as everything else but it won't upgrade. I put the card reader into the remote and it just sits there.

This is so irritating. It's a beautiful day out side and I would rather be flying.

Yay. Problem solved. I spent a couple of hours in terrifying firmware upgrades but now all components are talking to each other. Phew.

I had the same problem and all I had to do was updating the remote... But it wasn't that straight forward. First it didn't want to update and I tried with different combinations of the drone and the other controller on and off and made it a master, put the RC off and finally back to slave again og suddenly it updated the firmware and now everything works.

Reactions: Simon Torkington
SOLID BLUE: The remote controller is set as slave and it is connected to the aircraft."

Did anyone determine if the slave remote actually connects to the aircraft or does it simply need to connect to the master controller? I was under the impression that it only needed to connect to the master to get video feed.

I'm guessing I have a firmware issue but waiting for my remote battery to charge enough to update firmware.

Did anyone determine if the slave remote actually connects to the aircraft or does it simply need to connect to the master controller? I was under the impression that it only needed to connect to the master to get video feed.

I'm guessing I have a firmware issue but waiting for my remote battery to charge enough to update firmware.

I had the same problem. I power cycled everything and the slave hooked up. This screen grab is from the DJI website, evidently, the slave connects to the master and the aircraft.

Slave remote.JPG

So in the end for me it came down to making sure that the firmware was current on each device and everything synced up perfectly. However after the firmware update on the aircraft I had to resync the master remote to the aircraft.

I'm having the same problem.. But the thing is, it was working fine and then it lost signal. Firmware are all latest.. Except for battery.

What should I do?

I had the same problem,and this one corrected the problem. Got it from other forum. It worked for others too.

"I've found the solution, seems like there is a bug in the 2.4.1 DJI Go app.

Try to follow bellow steps:

- Start with the master RC
- From RC Settings, put the master remote to "OFF" then put it back to "MASTER"
- Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (foto) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

The controller will do a reset and the video link will be back!

You need to do it on the Master first then the Slave RC. You will need to rebind the controllers and that's it. :)

Reactions: ninjapilot
I had the same problem,and this one corrected the problem. Got it from other forum. It worked for others too.

- Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (foto) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

You need to do it on the Master first then the Slave RC. You will need to rebind the controllers and that's it. :)
Fixed it for me too on DJI Go 2.4.1.

I am having this problem with version 2.4.2 of the iOS app on my iPad Mini 4.

First: I had my second RC turned off, and I updated my Inspire 1 Pro firmware to version 1.4.00.10. It also updated my main remote to version 1.4.30. I then turned on my second remote, and got a video signal just fine. I then updated that remote's firmware to 1.4.30, and when I restarted, it no longer got any video signal. It got everything else, including the live histogram. But no video.

I tried your instructions to no avail, but I don't think they are specific enough. My questions:
  • On which remote do I press the C1 + C2 + Trigger buttons?
  • Which button is the Trigger button?
Thanks.

Ugh. Just spent an hour on the phone with DJI support. They had me do what you described:
  • Turn off the slave
  • Press + hold C1, C2, and Trigger (the silver button on the right, next to the play button
  • Power on the slave while holding
That didn't work. They also had me attempt to upgrade the firmware on the slave controller via USB, but that didn't do anything.

They also had me power-cycle the iPad, try a different device, power-cycle everything, etc.

They also had me try binding the slave controller as the master. I did that, but it still had no video signal.

So now they want me to send it in for repair, and it should only take three weeks or so to get it back.

Very frustrating. DJI should have an instant-replacement program for such problems; they should send me a new remote right now, and when I send my broken one in, they figure it out on their time.

Very very frustrating.

I guess the lesson is: when you update your firmware, have all of the remotes turned on and connected.

Thanks MajorKen... Mine is fixed.

InterMurph,
The goal is to reset the master controller so that it forgets the previous slave settings.. and then reconnect the slave again by searching mastercontroller+keying in password.
I had a few attempt trying to reset it but finally got it to work.

I did that at least twice with no luck. I will definitely try it again a few more times before I send it off

Problem Solved by 1.5.70 Firmware!

I got my spare RC out of the attic, and it worked. It was running old firmware, so I went to upgrade it, and noticed that it was downloading an even newer RC firmware (1.5.70) than the one that killed the video on my slave RC yesterday (1.4.30). So I upgraded my bad slave remote, and now the video signal works perfectly.

So now I'm back in business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop