Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not enough power to take off

Reaction score
I just uploaded the new firm ware 1.7.0.90
and now have the following problems.
Red light beeping on RC,
Also I cannot take off as it does not have enough power at full stick.
I Tried the auto take off and it did have the power but no control.

Any help to get me back flying would be very much appreciated.

Try recalibrating your remote controller in DJI GO.
Thank you for your help.
I have tried this but it does not let me finish (The finish button is not clickable after I complete range on the sticks.

sorry I missed the scroll, ok this has allowed the finish of the calibration.I will try a test flight in the morning.
Thank you

Couldn't wait, so I tried it tonight, Still full stick and no lift?

I just uploaded the new firm ware 1.7.0.90
and now have the following problems.
Red light beeping on RC,
Also I cannot take off as it does not have enough power at full stick.
I Tried the auto take off and it did have the power but no control.

Any help to get me back flying would be very much appreciated.
You should not even be attempting to fly if you have a red light on your remote. Additionally it should not be beeping! This implies you have a link problem. Have you tried re-linking your remote to your aircraft?

I only tested to see if it had enough power to take off. Which it hasn't. I have tried re linking but still the same problem.

The RC shows green light when inspire is powered on.
Still does not have full power to take off

The RC shows green light when inspire is powered on.
Still does not have full power to take off
OK, I think we need to see a video of the problem.
Can you post up a short clip showing the issue? (With sound as I would like to hear what the motors are doing)

Can you post up a short clip showing the issue? (With sound as I would like to hear what the motors are doing)
Sounds to me like something as simple as a USB cable connection. Persons near and dear to me have made this mistake themselves ;)

The RC sure looks "cleaner" without the cable though :)

Sounds to me like something as simple as a USB cable connection. Persons near and dear to me have made this mistake themselves ;)

The RC sure looks "cleaner" without the cable though :)
Don't think it is USB related - the OP is saying the throttle is not getting to a sufficient level for the aircraft to get airborne.
The throttle commands would come direct from the controller - no app or USB involvement there.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.
Please click on link below showing full still but not enough power to take off.
Dropbox - My Movie 2.mov

Everything else seems to be ok?

Once again, thank you very much for your help.
Please click on link below showing full still but not enough power to take off.
Dropbox - My Movie 2.mov

Everything else seems to be ok?
Yup - as mentioned above, you are giving the aircraft full forward command.
Unless you have remapped the sticks then you are not even pushing up on the throttle.
Push up on the left stick and.......watch your ceiling.
Honestly, I would familiarise yourself with some YouTube videos and have a VERY good read of some posts on this forum.
This is a very basic mistake to make and a very costly mishap just around the corner.
Try using the SIM first to at least familiarise yourself with stick orientation.

Reactions: damoncooper
Just as well the aircraft didn't launch because you had the aircraft pointing towards you!
I would recommend that you always have the aircraft pointing away from you when taking off and landing..
That is why there are red lights on the front of the aircraft to warn of danger.

I did not want to push full stick but it does seem to have a lot of power.
No - you are not understanding.
The Inspire will NEVER take off by pushing the right stick up.
You are completely using the wrong sticks!
I'm afraid you need to go back to basics and learn the stick commands. To take this aircraft out into the world with your lack of understanding of flight controls will be dangerous not just for you but more importantly for other people.

Sorry, you are totally correct.
It is amazing what your brain does when your under extreme pressure. (not drone)
I feel very stupid now.
Thank you for all your help and sorry to waste your time, it it very helpful to have such a service available to users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop