Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not showing camera view on monitor

Reaction score
I got a new Inspire 2 a few months ago. A Cendence remote and 2 Crystal Sky monitors. After I finally7 got everything in my order it all worked. I work in a hospital, with the Covid 19 thing we got pretty busy. I put it all in a case and did my thing at work. So today is nice, got a pork butt on the smoker. So I thought a good day to fly while keeping an eye on the smoker. I updated firmware on remotes, bird, and CS monitors (I think). Remotes connect to the Inspire. I can start the motors, shut em off, operate the gimbal. Nothing shows up on my monitor from either camera. Changed cables, monitors, every combination of things I could think of. Green lights on bird and each remote But Nothing. Here is the scratch my head cause I don't apparently know WTF Im doing kicker...if I hook the cable from the remote to my iPhone, I get pictures. So please help me, I don't know of anything else to do!

Last edited:
I got a new Inspire 2 a few months ago. A Cendence remote and 2 Crystal Sky monitors. After I finally7 got everything in my order it all worked. I work in a hospital, with the Covid 19 thing we got pretty busy. I put it all in a case and did my thing at work. So today is nice, got a pork butt on the smoker. So I thought a good day to fly while keeping an eye on the smoker. I updated firmware on remotes, bird, and CS monitors (I think). Remotes connect to the Inspire. I can start the motors, shut em off, operate the gimbal. Nothing shows up on my monitor from either camera. Changed cables, monitors, every combination of things I could think of. Nothing. But here is the kicker...if I hook the cable from the remote to my Phone, I get pictures. So please help me, I don't know of anything else to do!
Is that the same usb cable you use for the CS monitors that shows picture on your phone? If yes, then the problem is probably in the CS monitors, then maybe you should try to reset them from the settings. If you are using different usb cable for the phone, try to connect the CS monitor with it to see what happens.

Is that the same usb cable you use for the CS monitors that shows picture on your phone? If yes, then the problem is probably in the CS monitors, then maybe you should try to reset them from the settings. If you are using different usb cable for the phone, try to connect the CS monitor with it to see what happens.
Not the same cable. The standard remote came with an attached cable, so that's what I use. The Cendence doesn't use a cable, as its a pass thru situation from the receiver to the monitor. But you can hook a USB cable from the remote to the monitor also, and that doesn't work either.

Not the same cable. The standard remote came with an attached cable, so that's what I use. The Cendence doesn't use a cable, as its a pass thru situation from the receiver to the monitor. But you can hook a USB cable from the remote to the monitor also, and that doesn't work either.
Then try reseting the CS. Clear all the cache from the app settings for dji go and go4.

R

Reset CS, emptied cache on Go4, nothing. I just don't understand how storing it for 6 weeks would affect anything
This is really strange indeed. This maybe a dumb question as it works on the phone but does the camera is set on manual settings, maybe the shutter speed or the aperture is too high and this is showing a black screen?

There is no “Connected” banner at the top left of the screen. It says disconnected. But green light is on on the I2 and the remote. I can start and stop the motors and move the camera gimbal.

There is no “Connected” banner at the top left of the screen. It says disconnected. But green light is on on the I2 and the remote. I can start and stop the motors and move the camera gimbal.
You said you did firmware updates, is that before storing the inspire or after? Can you check in dji go4 in the about section what firmware versions you have for aircraft, controller, camera, go4 version and etc. and post them here. Maybe a screenshot or a photo of that screen will be easier to do.

I’ll work on that in a bit. Gotta attend to a pork butt. But to answer your question I did all updates required today.

What else would you like pics of? The last pic is a view from my phone connected iPhone the remote.

Attachments

• 45665C4F-B045-404A-A729-9E2ED1B82F5A.jpeg
    45665C4F-B045-404A-A729-9E2ED1B82F5A.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 10
  • BB60D463-BE9D-4DF9-AA7E-694900ED8DCB.jpeg
    BB60D463-BE9D-4DF9-AA7E-694900ED8DCB.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
  • F15DBDC9-E6CC-4260-9A98-E91E2A9022E1.jpeg
    F15DBDC9-E6CC-4260-9A98-E91E2A9022E1.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 75C59033-0DA1-41F1-A1A5-7AF73998FB5F.jpg
    75C59033-0DA1-41F1-A1A5-7AF73998FB5F.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
  • A80D6984-3A09-4808-A02D-0CAFDEAD83B6.jpeg
    A80D6984-3A09-4808-A02D-0CAFDEAD83B6.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yeah, pork butt should be respected :)

Thanks for the pics! It looks that the CS is not connected with usb cable. Atleast 'disconnected' means that as well the missing info of the aircraft firmware.

Personally I'm disappointed with my crystal sky monitor. I run an I2 with two Cendence remotes, one with CS the other with iPad Pro 11". I would suggest you try doing a full reset on your CS monitor. That seems to help when things get weird on the CS. However, I still get random things not working on my CS such as the small map (Picture in picture) is currently blacked out but works fine on my iPad. UGH Android software or CS is just not up to the challenge.

Yeah, pork butt should be respected :)

Thanks for the pics! It looks that the CS is not connected with usb cable. Atleast 'disconnected' means that as well the missing info of the aircraft firmware.
Except that it happens if I remove the USB cable on the controller and replace it with a number of other USB cables. And it occurs also on the Cendence remote with a different CS monitor that doesn’t use a USB cable. I’ll check on the firmware for the CS sky monitor again

Did you tried to connect the CS monitor to the Cendense without using the transmitter's bracket mount but with additional usb cable that goes on the side usb port of the CS and the other end to the back of the Cendense? At that time the bottom usb port of the CS should stay empty.

From the pics you posted it looks you are with the latest firmware and go4 version on the CS. I'm not sure what more you can do on that matter.

Did you tried to connect the CS monitor to the Cendense without using the transmitter's bracket mount but with additional usb cable that goes on the side usb port of the CS and the other end to the back of the Cendense? At that time the bottom usb port of the CS should stay empty.

From the pics you posted it looks you are with the latest firmware and go4 version on the CS. I'm not sure what more you can do on that matter.
Yes I have tried that also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry