Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nvidia Shield tablet with controller for gimble control?

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the nvidia shield tablet with it's controller can control the camera gimble? I am trying to save cost and not have to buy a 2nd controller. My 2nd option is to have the camera person operate the tablet and i will just fly with Line of sight.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the Nvidia Shield, just purchased it as didn't want the expense of a new iPad Air which doesn't fit in flight box.

I have tried the gimbal operation in slave mode, but it does work fine in master mode, obviously only controlling up and down movement. There is no reason why in slave mode you shouldn't be able to fully control gimbal as design. Also on a side note, i've seen somewhere online, youtube, that you can control gimbal in any direction using your finger on the screen whilst flying in Master mode, but haven't yet had a chance to try.

I can say however, I have experienced a small amount of lag using Shield, say approx 1/8-1/4 sec, but have since changed std settings on shield to work in performance mode when using DJI Flight App, as you can control how the shield distributes its processing power manually app by app.

Chris

Can anyone confirm if the nvidia shield tablet with it's controller can control the camera gimble? I am trying to save cost and not have to buy a 2nd controller. My 2nd option is to have the camera person operate the tablet and i will just fly with Line of sight.

Thanks.
Check out:

Reactions: Todd.boward
butters149,

Pairing Slave unit....

You have to 1st pair the 2nd controller as a slave, entering the pin number of the 1st controller, the master at the prompt, obviously you'll need the Master controller switched on etc, I think the generic pin is 1234, I have also tried to control the gimbal on the master unit only using just your finger, it works really well, but your challenge will be doing this whilst flying as you typically need both hands to fly.

Just hold your finger on the screen whilst flying a green circle will appear, move it around and the gimbal will move with it.

Reactions: Todd.boward
I have a Shield and you can control tilt and pan. Map one of your c1 or c2 for pan. Once you click it you use your "dial" that you use for tilt. Once you are done your pan, click the c1 or c2 button again and you can tilt again...that's my setup anyway...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool