Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nvidia Shield

I don't see how they could disable it. It's global within the shields os. It's simply using the controller "Input as touch". It's in the control panel in the shield tablet. They would have to completely remove the camera touch panning front the dji app.
Exactly!!!!!.....The 'blue circle of control' wasn't there to begin with and it can be taken away. If DJI consider this 'discovery' will have an adverse effect on dual controller Inspire sales or additional controller sales......................

Oh. I didn't know it wasn't there to begin with. Well, i hope those communist, capitalistic bastards don't get to greedy. Haha. They sure do build a nice quad though!

Although manufactures work very hard to make their equipment as robust and immune as possible to extraneous rf, nothing is totally immune and there is always a risk of loss of control link caused by this swamping phenomenon.

In 999 flights, you may be OK but in the right conditions on the 1,000 flight it is possible you loose control of your craft due to this. Personally, I would rather not take the risk. I am of the opinion that anything I can do to minimise any risk (however small) can only be a good thing. I do not need WiFi or cell phone connection etc when flying so I take that 'risk' out of the equation by switching to airplane mode.

Sorry for long post, but hope that helps. :)

No apologies needed. That explains why some pros I know insist on avoiding 2.4 for any FPV upgrades to aircrafts. They preach using 5.8 GHz downlinks.

In THEORY using a 2.4 GHz digital control link as the Inspire does (and nearly all other modern model radio systems) should make it fairly immune to outside interference. Because it is a digital 'packet' transmission system, as each packet is transmitted it will have a unique identifier code attached to it. This means that the receiver will ignore anything that doesn't have the identifier and only respond to the unique code coming from the transmitter......IN THEORY.
Unfortunately, rf propagation can be a bit of a funny animal and as (in our case) the Inspire gets further away from the pilot the received signal will get weaker and weaker....kind of like someone talking to you and then walking backwards into a crowd of people all talking. You will still hear what they are saying but their voice will get weaker/quieter and start to disappear into the general 'chatter'. Now imagine you are just on the threshold of being able to hear them clearly and then someone comes right up to you and starts talking loudly in your ear. Your hearing would be swamped by the person yelling in your ear and you would lose the flow of conversation from your distant friend in the crowd.

Same thing with rf. A receiver can get swamped out by localised rf transmissions (especially on the same frequency or harmonic of that frequency) causing loss of signal at ranges far less than expected.

With the Inspire, if you have WiFi turned on you have an rf transmitter (your tablet) on 2.4ghz very close (inches) away from a 2.4ghz transmitter (and receiver) on your Inspire. At this very close proximity harmonics can play a role as well causing the front end of receivers to shut down and desensitising due to a strong localised signal.

Although manufactures work very hard to make their equipment as robust and immune as possible to extraneous rf, nothing is totally immune and there is always a risk of loss of control link caused by this swamping phenomenon.

In 999 flights, you may be OK but in the right conditions on the 1,000 flight it is possible you loose control of your craft due to this. Personally, I would rather not take the risk. I am of the opinion that anything I can do to minimise any risk (however small) can only be a good thing. I do not need WiFi or cell phone connection etc when flying so I take that 'risk' out of the equation by switching to airplane mode.

Sorry for long post, but hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the education, The Editor.
This forum rules. I have learned so much here.

Reactions: sirnikolas
well I've tried 8 different blue tooth tablet controllers of all types. a playstation 3 controller and while they do pair with my tablet the dji pilot app doesn't take the commands to move the camera with the joystick. the only function that seem to go through was shutter control with a couple of them.

something about the nvidia tablet and shield controller being so specific to each other I guess it just manages to fool the dji app and take the commands.
if I hadn't spent 200 for my galaxy tab 4 I'd seriously consider buying the nvidia tablet and controller. but at the extra 250 300 bucks im pretty much at the cost of a second remote or over the cost of a used second remote.

if the ground station features come out then it's anybody's guess if going this route will still be viable. maybe having that nvidia setup will be the way to go because even in autonomous mode dji could still require the second transmitter for better gimbal control and not allow the gimbal controls to get moved to the sticks from that stupid stupid stupid wheel on the master transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44