Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Off the Wall - Any Flyers also a Zwifter - Cyclist Virtual World

Reaction score
With the Winter & temps of -20F and -45F Windchill... not much flying.
If you've never heard of Zwift or not interested in cycling exercise, this is NOT a thread of Interest.
There is a new Jogger route for smart treadmills too.

If you're a Flyer and also into cycling and/or Zwift, share your "Screen Rider Name".
Be nice to greet, chat or group ride in the virtual Zwift world...
If enough sUAV Flyers are in Zwift, I'd create a UAV Jersey for the Riders to identify each other when on the road.

For those Interested, Zwift is a virtual cycling environment on the Web, that provides a realistic terrain of grades & surfaces.
If you're taking on a 10% grade, you're climbing with similar effort & wattage as on physical hills.
The Zwift environment is Global, with over 1/2 Million members from 195 countries. Your Rider's Flag indicates your country and normally the roads have 600-1200 Riders active & online at a time... I was on one night with over 3000 Riders. Many Military from multiple nations have their own Jersey.
You can use a standard ego mag trainer, but a "smart" watt trainer provides the most realistic rides.

If a sUAV cyclist and interested: Zwift
My Rider Name: DJohnston 60+HighOnLife
Ages of riders, span from Teens to 80's, majority mid-20's - 40's.
There are several Pro Teams that ride at times, and amazing to watch the wattage they can produce!

A few snap pics of a recent ride...

With the Winter & temps of -20F and -45F Windchill... not much flying.
If you've never heard of Zwift or not interested in cycling exercise, this is NOT a thread of Interest.
There is a new Jogger route for smart treadmills too.

If you're a Flyer and also into cycling and/or Zwift, share your "Screen Rider Name".
Be nice to greet, chat or group ride in the virtual Zwift world...
If enough sUAV Flyers are in Zwift, I'd create a UAV Jersey for the Riders to identify each other when on the road.

For those Interested, Zwift is a virtual cycling environment on the Web, that provides a realistic terrain of grades & surfaces.
If you're taking on a 10% grade, you're climbing with similar effort & wattage as on physical hills.
The Zwift environment is Global, with over 1/2 Million members from 195 countries. Your Rider's Flag indicates your country and normally the roads have 600-1200 Riders active & online at a time... I was on one night with over 3000 Riders. Many Military from multiple nations have their own Jersey.
You can use a standard ego mag trainer, but a "smart" watt trainer provides the most realistic rides.

If a sUAV cyclist and interested: Zwift
My Rider Name: DJohnston 60+HighOnLife
Ages of riders, span from Teens to 80's, majority mid-20's - 40's.
There are several Pro Teams that ride at times, and amazing to watch the wattage they can produce!

A few snap pics of a recent ride...

Moved to Off Topic

I am a runner and just bought a Trek(road bike) a couple of months ago for cross training to lessen the injuries. I thought about getting zwift for the indoor rides, but I only ride for a little over an hour, and I can keep myself occupied in that amount of time. That duration may increase and then I will need something from getting board.

I am ringolong on Strava if you are on there.

I am a runner and just bought a Trek(road bike) a couple of months ago for cross training to lessen the injuries. I thought about getting zwift for the indoor rides, but I only ride for a little over an hour, and I can keep myself occupied in that amount of time. That duration may increase and then I will need something from getting board.

I am ringolong on Strava if you are on there.
Great to hear, and you can use a treadmill on Zwift... I see normally 10-20 on a 25 mile ride. But I fully agree on the bike, I much prefer bike on indoor & outdoor for knees & feet.

An hour on an indoor trainer is a good ride. Actually the avg indoor rides are 1 hour, mine normally run 50 min to 2 hours max, avg 1hr 20min... mainly due to route I select. If you elected to join a group ride, it’s normall a strong 45 to 90 minute ride. Riding a century indoor is challenging, even on Zwift, I’ve done one century on Zwift and was much more intense than on road... and boring! :rolleyes:

If you use a smart trainer, the rule of thumb is 1 mile inside is equal to 1.5 to 2 miles on road. I used various mag or fluid simple trainers, moved to CompUTrainer years ago when introduced... huge improvement to accomplish a strong ride,, , mainly rode against yourself (prev ride), but introduced grades on trainer... very nice!

Using a smart trainer on Zwift provides a very realistic ride, particularly if you take hilly routes. One of the things I enjoy Zwift, is the motivation. You start a ride with intentions for a easy pace ride, someone comes by or hangs on your rear and you find yourself riding more aggressive than planned, or if it’s about your planned time to stop but you’re in the middle of a long climb that you want a good time recorded... you’ll continue an extra 10-40 minutes.

And just visually nice for indoor ride. Once you get a smart trainer, there are several other indoor simulators. Several use HD video on a GPS route so you get the true scenic view and grades. You can ride pretty much any global location or road race route too.

Nice information! I have a running friend that was talking about it on our long run this weekend. He had good things to say about it too.

I may have to check it out. Do you go by dougcjohn on there, or is it not for riding with peeps you know?

Nice information! I have a running friend that was talking about it on our long run this weekend. He had good things to say about it too.

I may have to check it out. Do you go by dougcjohn on there, or is it not for riding with peeps you know?
Great, give it a shot... my screen name on Zwifter is D.Johnston 60+HighonLife

If you run an iOS or Android, you can run a app that allows you to chat or give waves, thumbs up, etc.

Fast-forward to a few years later and now cycling is my main exercise! I tried looking you up and can't find you. I and Ringo Long(SDCC).

Fast-forward to a few years later and now cycling is my main exercise! I tried looking you up and can't find you. I and Ringo Long(SDCC).
Hey, nice to drop a note.
I'm still on Zwift.... "DC Johnston Living the Highlife 64+"

We'll see ya on Zwift!

Oddly enough. There are no results when searching for your name.

Attachments

• IMG_EE726E320D87-1.jpeg
    IMG_EE726E320D87-1.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 3
Oddly enough. There are no results when searching for your name.
Had to remember to examine when on Zwift.

Looks like last BD year, I changed it slightly.
Now name is: " D Johnston64+ HighonLife "

Try that... was just on this evening to check name.

Reactions: ringolong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop