Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympus 45mm 1.85 lens concerns

Reaction score
Good Morning All!

I have just purchased an Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens and have heard there have been some issues with using it on the X5S camera. My biggest concern right now is the auto focus feature. IFirst off, I cannot seem to find how to switch the lens from manual focus to auto on the lens. Is there anyone out there that can shed some light as to proper setup and use of this lens for me? With my schedule, I;d really hate to burn up my limited flying time fumbling around with this thing trying o get it to work right.
As always I really appreciate your time and patience in helping me with what may seem to be a simple procedure.

Good Morning All!

I have just purchased an Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens and have heard there have been some issues with using it on the X5S camera. My biggest concern right now is the auto focus feature. IFirst off, I cannot seem to find how to switch the lens from manual focus to auto on the lens. Is there anyone out there that can shed some light as to proper setup and use of this lens for me? With my schedule, I;d really hate to burn up my limited flying time fumbling around with this thing trying o get it to work right.
As always I really appreciate your time and patience in helping me with what may seem to be a simple procedure.

The Olympus 45 1.8 doesn’t provide a manual focus override, unlike some of the Olympus lenses such as the 12mm, 17mm and 9-18mm.

Once you have performed the usual lens calibration the auto focus will work like any other lens.

Good Morning All!

Like MrTVR says... and it's a great lens on the X5S! It's my fav.

Have you had any issues with calibrating any of your other lenses? It’s easy but necessary.
Love the 45 for inspections!!
I don’t want to have to balance so sticking with primes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue