Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

On The Positive Side...

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Thought I'd share some positive comments on my new Inspire 1 and me flying it, in contrast to all the negative postings here in the forum.
  1. My Inspire 1 is reliable, stable and so much fun to fly.
  2. The startup time until it's ready to fly is very short indeed. Locks to GPS in a flash!
  3. Using a iPad Mini 3 16GB WIFI only works like a charm. Using an USB cable instead of WIFI is the way to go.
  4. Manual control of exposure is a must to get the best possible quality. As of now, the 2x ND filter included is not enough to keep the amount of light entering the camera at a manageable level. I expect DJI to release a series of stronger ND filters to adress this. When filming at the largest 4K/25 fpm setting the ideal shutterspeed would be 1/50s. In strong sunlight this is not possible right now.
  5. I am currently using the "old" probellers with the provided clips. They are working perfectly but I am looking forward to receiving the new ones with bayonet mounting.
  6. Did I mention that my Inspire 1 is reliable, stable and so much fun to fly?
I am really looking forward to more flying this summer.

Hi Everybody!

Thought I'd share some positive comments on my new Inspire 1 and me flying it, in contrast to all the negative postings here in the forum.
  2. The startup time until it's ready to fly is very short indeed. Locks to GPS in a flash!
  3. Using a iPad Mini 3 16GB WIFI only works like a charm. Using an USB cable instead of WIFI is the way to go.
  4. Manual control of exposure is a must to get the best possible quality. As of now, the 2x ND filter included is not enough to keep the amount of light entering the camera at a manageable level. I expect DJI to release a series of stronger ND filters to adress this. When filming at the largest 4K/25 fpm setting the ideal shutterspeed would be 1/50s. In strong sunlight this is not possible right now.
  5. I am currently using the "old" probellers with the provided clips. They are working perfectly but I am looking forward to receiving the new ones with bayonet mounting.

Good to hear.

Hi Everybody!

You can get gel filters you can cut and insert to help your problem with the filter! Work fine! I want a polarizer to cut glare and reflection.

I don't recommend putting a gel in front of your lens. It's going to degrade the sharpness. As far as I know, they're primarily intended to put in front of lights to change the color or vary the amount of light that's hitting subject. You want some reasonably high quality glass filters.

Reactions: jon b
But, gels are way less expensive than any decent glass filter. If you don't mind a loss of image sharpness, as daniel said, they do work. Didn't mean to step on your toes Daniel, sorry. Just my thoughts on gels in front of glass.

use kodak nd wratten 2 photo gels, not lighting gels. they are meant to be put in front of a lens, and expensive

Well I suppose that would make a difference! Thanks for setting me straight. Never seen those before. The amazon link had a bunch of lighting gels. I guess just make sure to get the good ones.

What would be nice is if we could get a little adapter that allowed us to put ANY brand of appropriately sized glass filter on there. I'd like to have a B+W filter in front of mine.

You guys got me thinking...

DJI have done the filters for the inspire camera a little bit different than usual in terms of how they mount. The threading on the filter/lens are reversed from how they usually are. That is to say, normally the filter has the male threading, and the lens has the female threading, but it's the other way around on the i1 camera. Somebody with a lathe and the ability to recreate those specific threads could make a simple adapter to screw on a standard front mounted schott glass filter. So my question is this:

Does any body know what diameter the threads are on the inspire camera? I would measure if I had some calipers but I don't.

Also, Does anybody know if the slight difference in weight between the DJI filters and an appropriately sized circular filter would interfere with the operation of the gimbal?

Sorry for going so off topic here torlind. I agree with your sentiments ;)

torlind thanks for the post
im a new owner of inspire1 too, i have only 25 flight and 2h10m of flight time yet but i must say its nice to see positive feedback on the forum couse when you start to read "fly-away" or "crash" posts, its a little intimidating

from my little experience, i had no problem when flying, just a few scares on my firsts "weak video signal" "no signal" but everything resolve nice

Reactions: Mr_B
torlind thanks for the post
im a new owner of inspire1 too, i have only 25 flight and 2h10m of flight time yet but i must say its nice to see positive feedback on the forum couse when you start to read "fly-away" or "crash" posts, its a little intimidating

from my little experience, i had no problem when flying, just a few scares on my firsts "weak video signal" "no signal" but everything resolve nice

Same story here. I've had mine for a week and flown every chance I've had. So far, (knock on wood) none of the problem people have been talking about. It's been a real joy so far.

You guys got me thinking...

DJI have done the filters for the inspire camera a little bit different than usual in terms of how they mount. The threading on the filter/lens are reversed from how they usually are. That is to say, normally the filter has the male threading, and the lens has the female threading, but it's the other way around on the i1 camera. Somebody with a lathe and the ability to recreate those specific threads could make a simple adapter to screw on a standard front mounted schott glass filter. So my question is this:

Does any body know what diameter the threads are on the inspire camera? I would measure if I had some calipers but I don't.

Also, Does anybody know if the slight difference in weight between the DJI filters and an appropriately sized circular filter would interfere with the operation of the gimbal?

Sorry for going so off topic here torlind. I agree with your sentiments ;)
37mm internal thread but you are correct the pitch is different to standard.
There is a ton of info on threads on here about various ND's coming g to market shortly.
SRP are producing some good ones but not ready for purchase just yet.

I don't recommend putting a gel in front of your lens. It's going to degrade the sharpness. As far as I know, they're primarily intended to put in front of lights to change the color or vary the amount of light that's hitting subject. You want some reasonably high quality glass filters.
true

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool