Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Once again DJI announces a spec - and removes it

Reaction score
Website
www.airflix.dk
Originally Inspire 2 was sold with the promise of a top speed around 96 kph.

Shortly after they lowered the top speed.

Todays update of the GO app 4 looks like it decreases the top speed to 72 km/pr hour (45 mph)! Just like they did with the I1.

Last edited:
You've posted this on a number of forums. And it's totally false and incorrect. The top speed is about 60mph which is close to 100kph.

So if yours isn't going that fast in sport mode there is either something wrong with it or you are flying right into a strong wind.

Also there was no GO 4 update today. Hasn't been one since December. Not to mention speed limits would be firmware update. Not a GO 4 app update.

to be fair I dont mind such changes if it contributes to security or less fatigue impact on the gear ... 100kph do you really need it for a filming platform? you are not going to chase at that speed in town or even on the motor way - you would get the right angle to get the perfect shot - or even time ramp/accelerate it in post to get the best picture during the shoot ...

It's still 58mph as it was when the I2 shipped. The 45mph mentioned in Dijigo is for the Phantom, the only I2 speed drop has been from 67 to 58mph before it was released.

The speeds are a bit academic anyway, you can easily exceed them with judicious use of a tailwind ;) :D - nearly made 72mph one day!

Reactions: henrymerrilees
When you talk about top speed and how it's not important, in an effort to save travel time to your shooting location, I find a high top speed IS important. Less time traveled = more time shooting / filming.

Originally Inspire 2 was sold with the promise of a top speed around 96 kph.

Shortly after they lowered the top speed.

Todays update of the GO app 4 looks like it decreases the top speed to 72 km/pr hour (45 mph)! Just like they did with the I1.

Dronie is right... I was hitting 65mph plus every time I took my I2 out; but after the last update it struggles to exceed 48mph. The speed of the I2 is one of the things I enjoyed most. Bringing it back home in sport mode always capped off a great day of filming. It's by far the best drone I've ever owned; but what I have now is not what I thought I was getting performance wise. My I2 was neutered.

Dronie is right... I was hitting 65mph plus every time I took my I2 out; but after the last update it struggles to exceed 48mph.

bahahahahahahahahaha - dumb *** - lol

Now I will kick your *** with my I1 - :p:p:p:p

Just kidding really, sorry for your loss. :(

Last edited:
bahahahahahahahahaha - dumb *** - lol

Now I will kick your *** with my I1 - :p:p:p:p

Just kidding really, sorry for your loss. :(

It's all good; if you own an Inspire 1 or 2 you've been man handled by big brother DJI. It is what it is, but I wouldn't trade my I2 even with its reduced speed for three i1's . The I2 has been neutered but it still punches out like a scalded dog. I stopped flying my i1 when I got the Mavic; because it feels sluggish and fat in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg