Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Opinion charger battery TB50

Reaction score
Hello, everyone, I wanted your advice on this battery charge, for inspire2, it’s okay? You ruin the battery? Or is the original hub better?
It is useful for charging four batteries to be counted.....Thanks all
61ofBMB2JFL._SL1000_.jpg

I have had 2 of them that burned up. I tried to use them as they were designed to charge 4 batteries at once and 2 of them failed. I really wanted the charger to work and bought a third, and it started to smoke and smell. I must be a glutton for punishment. I now use the DJI charging station which at multiple times the price works extremely well.

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
I bought one of the Yx chargers for the I2 and am very disappointed.

I own the Yx parallel chargers for the Spark and Mavic and they have been flawless..not so with the Inspire 2 version.

It will charge 3...but not 4 batteries simultaneously.

I applied for a refund...if they disagree I’ll just cut the cords off this thing and use them to make patch cables so I can charge the I2 batteries from my Smart Powercharge M100+.

I have 2 of them and if you only charge 3 batteries at a time it works fine. It’s the thermistor that’s the problem. I had a friend who is an electrician fix the one that burnt out the thermistor and he replaced it with a higher resistance one that won’t burn out like the one that comes in the original charger. He told me that the one that is in it when you get it is only a 4ohm thermistor and he replaced it with a 12ohm one. But I’m not going to charge more than 3 batteries at a time just to be safe.

Reactions: MedicFL1

I own the Yx parallel chargers for the Spark and Mavic and they have been flawless..not so with the Inspire 2 version.

I applied for a refund...if they disagree I’ll just cut the cords off this thing and use them to make patch cables so I can charge the I2 batteries from my Smart Powercharge M100+.

Don’t do that

Hello, everyone, I wanted your advice on this battery charge, for inspire2, it’s okay? You ruin the battery? Or is the original hub better?
It is useful for charging four batteries to be counted.....Thanks all
View attachment 23042

It won’t ruin your charger but only charge 3 batteries at a time!! It charges much faster than the original one

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
...so you tell me it's money thrown away?
No, that’s not what I am telling you at all. The Yx charger charges the TB50 batteries much faster than the DJI charger BUT you can only charge 3 batteries at a time. Even charging 3 batteries at a time with the Yx charger you still charge your batteries quicker than the DJI charger.
As I said before I own 2 Yx chargers and as long as I don’t charge more than 3 batteries it works great. And you can buy 2 Yx chargers for almost the same price as one DJI charger!!

Saw a new charger out by a reputable firm but the build quality is terrible. Price: $725. Sound like buying Two of these and mounting them in a $40 Monoprice case might be the way to go. I get my Monoprice cases from MassDrop and use them for storing batteries now as it is (TB50 / TB55) they are pluck and pick with solid foam on top and bottom. So... might just try a "build" with two of these and see how that works out.

Saw a new charger out by a reputable firm but the build quality is terrible. Price: $725. Sound like buying Two of these and mounting them in a $40 Monoprice case might be the way to go. I get my Monoprice cases from MassDrop and use them for storing batteries now as it is (TB50 / TB55) they are pluck and pick with solid foam on top and bottom. So... might just try a "build" with two of these and see how that works out.
I have been using these chargers since December 2017 and they work great as long as you only charge 3 batteries at a time. And that includes the crystal sky monitor batteries too. As I said before they charge much faster than the DJI chargers. I haven’t used my DJI charger ever since I got them.
I also used the DJI Free Product page on Facebook and Tomy Luo will reimburse you if you purchase them from Amazon. So that made my purchase of them totally FREE!! And you can’t beat free.

So what’s wrong with charging 3 at a time? It still charges faster than the DJI charger!

I have had 2 of them that burned up. I tried to use them as they were designed to charge 4 batteries at once and 2 of them failed. I really wanted the charger to work and bought a third, and it started to smoke and smell. I must be a glutton for punishment. I now use the DJI charging station which at multiple times the price works extremely well.

Same here. 2 burned up, got them through Amazon and they refunded both without question. I purchased the DJI Charger and very happy with it. Especially like the discharge feature and the ability to update 8 batteries at a time makes it so much easier.

Expensive but worth it.

So can you charge three TB50's at a time with the Yx without risking matching the voltage in pairs? I have purchased two of these Yx chargers because the first one cooling fan burned up.

Same here. 2 burned up, got them through Amazon and they refunded both without question. I purchased the DJI Charger and very happy with it. Especially like the discharge feature and the ability to update 8 batteries at a time makes it so much easier.

Expensive but worth it.
Would you please send me the link/pricing for this charger. Interested in getting one myself if it’s the one I am thinking of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin