Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Oregon small aircraft drone strike

The only video I have ever seen was a drone that knocked off a wing tip of a Commercial plain. I don't even believe that it's a real video because the tip of the plane looked like it was made out of wood. I have tried cutting plain metal and I went through a lot of blades and grinds wheels so I think it was an rc plane. The video looked like a phantom and it would not have ripped the metal of the air plain and the drone should have shattered in a million pieces. So I think it was a fake video. I don't believe this other guy knows what he hit and just made up the storie to get attention. They are making up stories to make drones to be a dangerous hobby and they just don't like them period. If anyone has seen that video let me know what you think of the Commercial plain hitting the drone.

The only video I have ever seen was a drone that knocked off a wing tip of a Commercial plain. I don't even believe that it's a real video because the tip of the plane looked like it was made out of wood. I have tried cutting plain metal and I went through a lot of blades and grinds wheels so I think it was an rc plane. The video looked like a phantom and it would not have ripped the metal of the air plain and the drone should have shattered in a million pieces. So I think it was a fake video. I don't believe this other guy knows what he hit and just made up the storie to get attention. They are making up stories to make drones to be a dangerous hobby and they just don't like them period. If anyone has seen that video let me know what you think of the Commercial plain hitting the drone.

The video you speak of is in fact 100 percent fake. It was a special effects project that the original creator charges (or did) a license fee. There have been news outlets that have broadcast that footage as real. I have reported the agencies I have found to both there internal fact checking groups and where I know how (ie Canada) to the CRTC or government oversight agency for accuracy in reporting.

Not to mention, the guy who charges a license fee also, as the news agencies seem to think they can borrow it for free.

The video you speak of is in fact 100 percent fake. It was a special effects project that the original creator charges (or did) a license fee. There have been news outlets that have broadcast that footage as real. I have reported the agencies I have found to both there internal fact checking groups and where I know how (ie Canada) to the CRTC or government oversight agency for accuracy in reporting.

Not to mention, the guy who charges a license fee also, as the news agencies seem to think they can borrow it for free.
I knew it was fake. Their just trying to put an end to hobbyist and drones. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Drone_Video
Here is a legit video of bird hitting a wig tip:

The original creator has a video posted here where he explained how he did the effects:

The original copyright owner's website is as follows and tells the story of how / why he created this video.

You can tell from his other credits, he is very talented....

I verified the copyright owner on April 21, 2017 @ 03:40pm MST and it formed part of an original complaint for the news broadcasting it as "real" by the Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC) aired on April 20th 2017 news edition in the Vancouver and parts of western Canada markets.

Pretty much every version of this video posted and reused online doesnt credit the original creator, or tell the back story. It seems everyone who posted it, wanted you to think it was real for nothing more than the views. If you want to give someone views, watch the original, talented artist show you the video, and the way in which he made it using the links above.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Joe Perez
I'm a retired reporter, and those two women on the replay are just talking junk, (concerned certainly) but as you have seen the more they talk the more they make up what they don't actually know, and that's the problem when a DRONE STRIKE is mentioned anytime anywhere, it's great fodder to talk about, but (Get it bloody right)
By the way, In Australia it is the 5-kilometer distance from an airport, not 5 Miles, I think that some small towns would be smaller in a radius of that, so what are you going to photograph, a post in a field?

Reactions: Drone_Video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail