Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Original Inspire 1 video transmission interference

Reaction score
I have an original Inspire 1 that I use professionally. I arrived on location today to do an aerial shoot for a realtor and I was unable to receive any video transmission (using my X3 camera). The app (which forced itself to update this morning prior to the shoot) indicated there was some kind of "strong" radio interference in the area. This has never happened to me before! Had to give up the gig and out of $$$!!!!

I brought the aircraft back to my office and of course - NO problems - at first! I took the aircraft up and had good feed. Shut it down, restarted, then again, no feed - no matter where I put the aircraft! I decided to attach my X5 camera and I have NO problems with the video feed with that camera. Only when I switch back to the X3 am I having issues. Anyone else experience something like this? Am I just lucky that I've never had an issue like this in the two years I've owned it?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
This is copied from a recent post of mine..
####
I was having problems with image transmission signal errors on my Inspire 1 with the iPad 2 that had always worked perfectly..
What cured it for me was rolling back the software on the controller to Firmware Version 1.6 and rolling back the aircraft to Firmware Version 01.09.01.30
It is worth a try before you splash out on another iPad.
####

I have had no problems since rolling back the software except for the annoying notice on start up telling me to update, which I just ignore..

Thanks for the reply. I have never "rolled back" a firmware before. Do you have a link to a tutorial on how to do that? This is so frustrating!

In the DJI Go App, on the front page, in the top right hand corner you will see a symbol that looks like a graduates hat, just click and hold that symbol for at least 5 seconds and then let go.
You will get a page where you can select the software version you want to install for the controller, I chose Version 1.6.
Just let it do its thing and it will roll back the controller software...
The aircraft can be rolled back to Version 01.09.01.30 by putting the bin file from the downloaded package (from DJI) onto an sd card, put the card in your camera and start the aircraft (without the controller turned on) and let it roll back the software version for you.
I am assuming you know how to tell when the aircraft is updating by the beeps that come from the aircraft?
And thats it...

I saw that post somewhere. Unfortunately, I cannot bring up the "graduate hat" for the life of me. It's not visible in this version of the DJI Go app. Any suggestions? Thanks for the reply though!

Oh, one more thing. Since updating my craft to V2 (with all of the hardware to hold the X5), I'm getting terrible jello all of the sudden with my X3 camera.

Are you using Go or Go 4 for your flight app? If you're using Go 4 (which you shouldn't be for an Inspire 1) it has no Graduation Hat icon. In its place are 3 lines.

If you're using the standard Go app, in the top right corner of your white "Connect to Equipment" screen, you should see the Graduation Hat. Hold the Hat icon down for several seconds and then release. You should then be taken to a gray screen showing available controller firmwares.

Have you tried going into your frequency settings and switching to custom? At this point choose a better ch. I also had this happen with my Z3 camera although it was found to have been an issue with my camera caused by me during a catch similar to my profile pic. I sent it into DJI and got it back after 3 weeks fixed and now flying it again with no issues. If you had any hard landings this too will create issues at times.

Not happy to jump in this tread.
First Iorana from Easter Island
...so I'm also operating l1 and i1v2...
X3 and Z3.
One of the perks of flying the most isolated place of the world, means radio clear environment.
Never had a issue due to interference until 1.10 firmware update.
Story goes I'm deep in free range shooting horse race.
Suddenly lagged image on z3... imposible to operate for 3 to 5 seconds to get the response. Awful.
Missing the image and control at 700m.
Worked around the signal channels to custom...same. Lagged and untrustworthy.
Switched from 4k to hd...and resetting many times to override problems.

Used both Ipad Air2 and Android device which worked flawlessly since.
This lagged image lead to late pilot response due to lag and seemingly smooth running. Tangled on low electric wire and killed rotors. Luckily nobody harm.
But when you fly...you trust the Aircraft.

Switched AC to override the malfunction on the i1v2/z3
So I'm piloting First gen i1 now.
Only to suffer the same image transmission blackout without losing control...and when in view...always lagged and chopped.
...of course I'm on latest fw on AC/rc/app
And any step to finding the right mix to operate under real control... didn't get to work.
So...I'm grounded again.
Anyone remember the dead wobbling of the A2 on the S900?
The higher temperatures of the screen device cores and blackouts from the overhead processors?
Mix both features and that's how I feel.
...when working with fine precision tools, least one expect is to properly responsive machine.
Thanks DJI updates...I'm committed to turn on my legendary flying award winning aircraft...and feel like a sheep.
Beta tester sheep. Sheeps don't fly.
I'm grounded.
Heading now to mainland Chilean supplier DRONESTORE, to fully overview and rollback firmware update.

*Z3 knowed issues (focus and ultra sensitive around interference or radio signals.) Avoid commercial walkie-talkie as they start/ stop recording.

Heading to world's bodyboard championship...I'm trying Spark and Mavic...and my 2 untrusted i1 after dealership review. Hopefully i will regain confidence on DJI.
Best wishes from the Navel of the World. Rapanui pilot
Omar Bachur.

Facebook #MANUPERERAU.

Holder:

Silver medal for best Camerawork
New York Festival2 2017
Best Tv and cinema awards

Check some of the awarded Rapanui work

Tapati Rapa Nui | Archaic Festivals S1 E6

Reactions: Skyview Productions
Not happy to jump in this tread.
First Iorana from Easter Island
...so I'm also operating l1 and i1v2...
X3 and Z3.
One of the perks of flying the most isolated place of the world, means radio clear environment.
Never had a issue due to interference until 1.10 firmware update.
Story goes I'm deep in free range shooting horse race.
Suddenly lagged image on z3... imposible to operate for 3 to 5 seconds to get the response. Awful.
Missing the image and control at 700m.
Worked around the signal channels to custom...same. Lagged and untrustworthy.
Switched from 4k to hd...and resetting many times to override problems.

Used both Ipad Air2 and Android device which worked flawlessly since.
This lagged image lead to late pilot response due to lag and seemingly smooth running. Tangled on low electric wire and killed rotors. Luckily nobody harm.
But when you fly...you trust the Aircraft.

Switched AC to override the malfunction on the i1v2/z3
So I'm piloting First gen i1 now.
Only to suffer the same image transmission blackout without losing control...and when in view...always lagged and chopped.
...of course I'm on latest fw on AC/rc/app
And any step to finding the right mix to operate under real control... didn't get to work.
So...I'm grounded again.
Anyone remember the dead wobbling of the A2 on the S900?
The higher temperatures of the screen device cores and blackouts from the overhead processors?
Mix both features and that's how I feel.
...when working with fine precision tools, least one expect is to properly responsive machine.
Thanks DJI updates...I'm committed to turn on my legendary flying award winning aircraft...and feel like a sheep.
Beta tester sheep. Sheeps don't fly.
I'm grounded.
Heading now to mainland Chilean supplier DRONESTORE, to fully overview and rollback firmware update.

*Z3 knowed issues (focus and ultra sensitive around interference or radio signals.) Avoid commercial walkie-talkie as they start/ stop recording.

Heading to world's bodyboard championship...I'm trying Spark and Mavic...and my 2 untrusted i1 after dealership review. Hopefully i will regain confidence on DJI.
Best wishes from the Navel of the World. Rapanui pilot
Omar Bachur.

Facebook #MANUPERERAU.

Holder:

Silver medal for best Camerawork
New York Festival2 2017
Best Tv and cinema awards

Check some of the awarded Rapanui work

Tapati Rapa Nui | Archaic Festivals S1 E6
Horrible story although great experience for you, definitely a beetersweet. I actually watched this when it aired. Great job. I have several friends in the movie industry been trying to get my foot in the door. Again well done. www.skyviewpro1.com

Had similar problem with I1Pro, not all the time, just occasionally. I thought it might be high voltage power cables (1 occasion) then thought it might be radio transmitters (while (legally) shooting an airport). Not sure what the problem is, I'm trying to ignore it & hope it goes away.

Same here intermitant Video even if standing beside it. Replaced parts swapped x3s, cables... Never know when it's going to stop video. MavicP, Phantoms... - awful alternatives.

I am also having a similar problem, and consulting YouTube, it looks like the best course of action may be to replace the HDMI output module on the back of the controller. Apparently, the guy in the video I saw said that the contacts in the USB port go bad and cause the phone/tablet to lose connection to the controller, which in turn affects the downlink.

I'm going to try and will report if it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207