Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Orthophotos with Inspire 1

Does anyone have access to the wavelengths of the bands the camera captures after the mod?
the tech specs on their page leaves a lot to be desired, also if they provided the data sets they use in their example people could have a play around and Im sure we could quickly work out how to best use the camera between us.

Im playing around with a camera mount to put the a6000 on the I1. Maybe when its done I can send you the files to have a play with
Thanks, I would def be interested in that. The hook gopro mount pivot point of quite far from where the camera position is so the screw to hold it in postion has to be really tight for it to stay horizontal. I gotta watch the ground sensors too, although to be honest I'm not convinced for what I do they are much use. I like to control the takeoff landings and landing gear all manually.

I'll stick up another very short clip of throwing the I1 about a bit more with the heavy A6000 attached.

It would be great if the camera mount was right under the dampening plate, for camera stability and getting it more towards the aircrafts CoG.

I have had good results with the lighter GoPro converted 5.4mm for NIR on the mount.

I have designed it to go right under the battery and sit snugly against the sonars, hopefully that wont prove to be a problem, I dont know if there is room up by the camera, i havent looked, either way the VPS camera looks to be the center of gravity, so just infront just behind shouldnt make much difference , ideally i would remove the VPS and sonar and put it there, I may try that later

Reactions: IrishSights
Thanks, I would def be interested in that. The hook gopro mount pivot point of quite far from where the camera position is so the screw to hold it in postion has to be really tight for it to stay horizontal. I gotta watch the ground sensors too, although to be honest I'm not convinced for what I do they are much use. I like to control the takeoff landings and landing gear all manually.

I'll stick up another very short clip of throwing the I1 about a bit more with the heavy A6000 attached.

It would be great if the camera mount was right under the dampening plate, for camera stability and getting it more towards the aircrafts CoG.

I have had good results with the lighter GoPro converted 5.4mm for NIR on the mount.

any new results with the sony?

Yes, I did a small Drone deploy mission before heading on vacation and it worked great.

Can't do to much here, I'm on an amazing small island 8 miles off the west coast of Ireland where The Force Awakens is being filmed next week. Sadly no drones allowed. I'll maybe stick a few photos on the off topic forum and a link edited in here..http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/496601. Amazing place.

Last edited:
Good thing you have a quad-copter ;)
I know what you mean! I actually use UAV most of time when in conversation... but getting off topic. Talking off topic here is the link to a few sneak peeks of one of the locations of The Force Awakens. http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/496601. I don't think we have an off topic subby here do we?

Off topic done, guv... (@Editor)

Interesting discussion
You can also submit images to a Cloud service called Dronemapper for processing your images into Ortho and DEM and 3D Models
https://dronemapper.com/guidelines (pricing)
Area (Km2) GSD > 5 cm 3-5 cm GSD 1-3 cm GSD
< 1 $20 $60 $100
< 2 $40 $120 $200
< 3 $60 $180 $300

or Get a Trial version of Photoscan

Interesting discussion
You can also submit images to a Cloud service called Dronemapper for processing your images into Ortho and DEM and 3D Models
https://dronemapper.com/guidelines (pricing)
Area (Km2) GSD > 5 cm 3-5 cm GSD 1-3 cm GSD
< 1 $20 $60 $100
< 2 $40 $120 $200
< 3 $60 $180 $300

or Get a Trial version of Photoscan
Pix4d is available for 350 usd a month,,,,,, Im sure that would end up being more effective for people with a few jobs per month to process. You do of course also need a decent computer

heres a quick peak at what I'm working on.
there are definately some improvements needed, but for the first print its looking good.

Attachments

• 20150907_155953.jpg
    20150907_155953.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
I just did a test flight of the bird with the camera on it.
10 mins test flight inside, with some hard changes of direction and height just to make it a little more realistic,
10 mins too it down to 32% from a 95% charge from a week ago, so with a fresh charge I would expect to save a few %.
The temp however, went from 27 to 59. Not the hottest that I have had a pack, but this was inside, outside I would expect it to get to hot to fly before 10 mins has elapsed. Still 8 mins of well executed flight will be yield worthwhile results.
I will look into a micro servo to stabilise the roll axis with just a gyro and an arduino, I have done that before and it more or less works. Of course I will test it and see if its needed first.

Reactions: IrishSights
heres a quick peak at what I'm working on.
there are definately some improvements needed, but for the first print its looking good.

When I fixed the camera in such way, the camera work interfered with sonar.
Inspire1 climbed up very badly. It was impossible to raise the legs.

mine worked fine, registered the distance to the ground ok and the legs worked in auto and manual.
the camera isnt over the sonars at all, its just behind them

mine worked fine, registered the distance to the ground ok and the legs worked in auto and manual.
the camera isnt over the sonars at all, its just behind them
My camera was mounted just below and worked poorly. I fixed it behind the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84