Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Over the water chasing a Moth Mach2 Foil Boat

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com

Was leaving the harbor and I saw this guy rolling up to the beach towing one of these go fast toys. Had to stay and see what this was all about and given the beautiful conditions, decided to grab an AC from the trunk. Winds were 7 to 10 knts and fairly steady. Top boat speed got to 17 knts.

Amazing watching the boat lift-up onto the foils and fly

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma

Was leaving the harbor and I saw this guy rolling up to the beach towing one of these go fast toys. Had to stay and see what this was all about and given the beautiful conditions, decided to grab an AC from the trunk. Winds were 7 to 10 knts and fairly steady. Top boat speed got to 17 knts.

Amazing watching the boat lift-up onto the foils and fly

Nice video! It's amazing what apparent wind does for a foil with super-low drag. Tough CG problems for the skipper, though. Noticed he was steering with his feet. Need a third hand!

Nice footage mate!
Too windy? How did behave the i1?
Not too windy at all. Don't think I saw more than 10 knots of wind. Felt super smooth and responsive up wind and down. Got 15 plus minutes each flight with plenty of battery to spare. My video signal got iffy at around 3800 feet distance but since I was flying around 30 feet off the wet, I was pleased with the range.

Reactions: Hercules_One
This reminds me of one of my favourite movies. Thomas Crown Affair had a film sequence similar to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo