Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Panning and tilting Camera on Inspire

Reaction score
just bought an inspire 1 and I can rotate the camera but can not see how to polnt the camera down, help please

You need to assign a button to it, or touch and hold finger on your screen and move finger round...up and down or side to side

just bought an inspire 1 and I can rotate the camera but can not see how to polnt the camera down, help please
I have changed your thread title to something more descriptive than 'Camera'

You can either use the finger on the screen method as described above (press and hold your finger on the screen until a blue dot appears and then you can freely pan and tilt with you finger on the screen) or you can assign either C1 or C2 buttons on the back of the remote to toggle between pan and tilt.
Unless you have a dual set up (you do not say in your post) in which case you can assign the function on both axis to a stick.

You can program C1 to toggle left wheel from tilt to pan. But I find I forget what mode I'm in. Single pilot it's easier to pan by yawing the drone. Or put it on a GPS autopilot route and as mentioned above drag the camera from the iPad.

Reactions: ChrisG333
The options are still there for setting C1/C2, they just got reset to unassigned after the update, just go into the DJI Go app and set them again...

The options are still there for setting C1/C2, they just got reset to unassigned after the update, just go into the DJI Go app and set them again...
Are you able to tell me where the option is. After the update the only options I show for C1/C2 are toggle screen/map and toggle screen battery.

You'll need to have the AC ready to fly with the camera attached, once it is exit DJI Go then restart it and go to the remote control settings, Then open the top line "Remote control settings. The options should be there - if not, select Not Defined then try the option again - thats what worked for me...

Thank you for the help ,very appreciated. I will try it out this evening and hope for success.

Hey all, not sure if this thread is the best to ask, but I am trying to find a way to see at what degree my camera is tilting up and down. I have a shoot that requires a specific angle (27 degrees) but can't for the life of me work out how to know. Any help would be massively appreciated.

the only real way to do this is going to be geometry - Place the AC level and at a specific height (On a table or step ladder etc) then using a liitle maths work out where a line at 27 degrees from the centre of the camera's focal plane would intersect with the ground, make a mark at that point on the ground in front of the AC - then centre that in the camera's FOV - use the grid overlay setting to show the cross on the screen and put that cross on the mark...

It all looks horribly complicated but there are several free windows calculator apps that include a Scientific calculator that will allow you to use the Sin function to solve it...
A side and two adjacent angles given (ASA)

One side and two adjacent angles given
The known characteristics are the side c and the angles α, β. The third angle γ = 180° − αβ.

Two unknown side can be calculated from the law of sines:[6]

a = c sin ⁡ α sin ⁡ γ ; b = c sin ⁡ β sin ⁡ γ . {\displaystyle a=c\ {\frac {\sin \alpha }{\sin \gamma }};\quad b=c\ {\frac {\sin \beta }{\sin \gamma }}.}
130be3265f56c638834f796b91fe7c314228c591

or

a = c sin ⁡ α ( sin ⁡ α cos ⁡ β + sin ⁡ β cos ⁡ α ) {\displaystyle a=c{\frac {\sin \alpha }{(\sin \alpha \cos \beta +\sin \beta \cos \alpha )}}}
ca661e513539387c6cf398a4dead93b5efa65c30

b = c sin ⁡ β ( sin ⁡ α cos ⁡ β + sin ⁡ β cos ⁡ α ) {\displaystyle b=c{\frac {\sin \beta }{(\sin \alpha \cos \beta +\sin \beta \cos \alpha )}}}
48fa746ba4eb59d9866177423d8a28014008e44e

Last edited:
Just to clarify - the line A-B (or side c) would be the distance from the ground to the cameras centreline, Angle alpha would be 90, angle beta would be 27, line A-c (or side b) would be the distance from the camera to the point where the camera should aim and line C-B (or side a) would be the line along which the camera would aim, angle Gamma would be 67.

Given a height of 1 meter above the ground then the equation should be b=1*(sin(27) / sin(63)) - which if my calculator isn't failing me should mean your mark goes at 0.5095 meters from the cameras focal plane...Depending on where you place the 0 degree reference (I've used 0 as being straight down or 0 degrees of elevation - horizontal and forward is 90 degrees of elevation)

Last edited:
Reactions: CinemAirAP
Just to clarify - the line A-B (or side c) would be the distance from the ground to the cameras centreline, Angle alpha would be 90, angle beta would be 27, line A-c (or side b) would be the distance from the camera to the point where the camera should aim and line C-B (or side a) would be the line along which the camera would aim, angle Gamma would be 67.

Given a height of 1 meter above the ground then the equation should be b=1*(sin27 / sin63) - which if my calculator isn't failing me should mean your mark goes at 0.5095 meters from the cameras focal plane...Depending on where you place the 0 degree reference (I've used 0 as being straight down or 0 degrees of elevation - horizontal and forward is 90 degrees of elevation)
for the other way around (27 degrees below horizontal or 63 degrees elevation) it's 1.9626 meters

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I was hoping to avoid such complicated geometry, but so far it is looking like the only option. Someone really needs to develop an app that can do this as an overlay. I can't be the only operator that requires this function.
Thanks again, and if I find a simpler solution I'll be sure to share it here.

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I was hoping to avoid such complicated geometry, but so far it is looking like the only option. Someone really needs to develop an app that can do this as an overlay. I can't be the only operator that requires this function.
Thanks again, and if I find a simpler solution I'll be sure to share it here.
It's actually not terribly complicated when you've seen it on the calculator - working with the 1 meter height is easiest then you just need to enter the following into the calculator... 1*(sin(63)/sin(27)) and hit equals, reverse the 27 and 63 to go the other way...

Reactions: CinemAirAP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters