Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Panorama of Calgary AB

Reaction score
Was able to snap a couple quick panoramas on a job in Calgary. So stoked that Lightroom CC now can merge panoramas (and HDR images too). Unfortunately I didn't quite get the exposure right in the night one, but **** you can still do a lot with those DNGs in Lightroom.
I would welcome any tips for photo editing, it's not my forté but I would like to learn.

Attachments

• YYC Pano.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 74
  • YYC Pano 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: jon b
Nice job! So, how are you taking pans on your Inspire?
The nighttime one is two vertical by 4 horizontal photos. So basically I just start at the far left, snap, pan around about 180 degrees snapping a picture at every ~45 degree interval. Then I tilt the camera up and do the same, you need some level of overlap for it to work properly, but lightroom does a pretty impressive job at stitching them all up. You can see in it the border of the original photos, there are three subtle vertical lines in the sky. If I was a better editor i'd get rid of that..

Gotcha thanks!. So you used the grid overlay on the bird to line up your overlap I guess.

Great result
I don't actually, it's quite surprising how lightroom handles it, there's no real rhyme or reason to the amount of overlap I get, pretty much just freestyle it and it usually works out quite well.

Reactions: jon b
Great pics! Are you from Calgary? My brother lives right by where you took those shots, reasonable chance that he saw you, I remember him telling me about some guy with an inspire there a few weeks back. I haven't tried the pano thing in lightroom yet.

Great pics! Are you from Calgary? My brother lives right by where you took those shots, reasonable chance that he saw you, I remember him telling me about some guy with an inspire there a few weeks back. I haven't tried the pano thing in lightroom yet.

Hey thanks. Actually I'm based out of Edmonton but was on a job down in Calgary for a condo development in that area. There were a few people around asking questions so that very well may have been your bro. I remember one guy yelled at me from his apartment window 'Ya f---in creep!'... I hope that wasn't him haha.

Hahahaha, nope, he would have been one interested. He just picked up a P3 as well.

Did you have a problem with the whole exemption/certification process? I'm thinking about picking it up.

Yea getting an SFOC is a PITA. You need to leave a lead time of at least 3 months, making it quite prohibitive for many operations. We have a P3 as well for hobby flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa