Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Parachute for I1

Reaction score
Hi
I've received my I1 one month ago (really cool machine) but I'm not at ease with the fact there is no parachute considering its price and its weight if it had to crash...
So I thought why not make a DIY parachute.
The problem is : I'm able to design the the container and the parachute itself but I'm a total ignorant with the electronics part.
So I'm wondering : is anyone of you an expert at it so were can share our competences and make something working ?
I know it's difficult because of the I1 closed design but when I see on the internet what poeple can do, it makes me think it's possible.
Thank you

There are already aftermarket parachutes availible on the Internet. DJI actually makes one as well. They come in a kit and are self contained.

If you really wanted to do it yourself there are a few ways to get it done. Would you be looking for a manual or auto deployment? Each has its difficulties.

I found one (don't remember the brand) but it costs 2000 € (!)
I know DJI is making one but I don't know when it will be out and at what price.
I was thinking of an auto deployment based on a pressure sensor and descent rate because it can be much faster than human reaction.

I found one (don't remember the brand) but it costs 2000 € (!)
I know DJI is making one but I don't know when it will be out and at what price.
I was thinking of an auto deployment based on a pressure sensor and descent rate because it can be much faster than human reaction.
Yes.... That's the French one (trust the French to rip people off).
€2000 will buy about 4-5 years of public liability cover with crash cover included. After 4 years the Inspire will be an antique at the rate multi rotor tech is advancing. Then start over with the latest tech.

Yes.... That's the French one (trust the French to rip people off).
€2000 will buy about 4-5 years of public liability cover with crash cover included. After 4 years the Inspire will be an antique at the rate multi rotor tech is advancing. Then start over with the latest tech.

Go spend some time with the Parrot AR.drone and you'll understand how the French love ripping people off. :p

Just make one out of an old pillow case and fishing line, get one of those small Co2 canisters and place it carefully at the bottom of an empty beans can, pack the pillow case in over the top and then put some sello-tape over the open end of the can to keep the rain and ants out. Borrow a very small amount of Semtex and stick it to the underside of the can. Attach the other end of the det-cord to the motor that retracts the landing gear. Never retract the landing gear again unless its an emergency.

Yes flying eye system is way too expensive. Another french company named Opale Paramodels announced a few weeks ago a release for the Inspire, at a more affordable price than this. I am going to check if i can find the news.

Got the latest newsletter from Opale Paramodels, Inspire 1 parachute kit is available, at an affordable price: 199€.

Here's the video attached:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207