Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Parachute system for I2

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has got a parachute system for the I2 and if so which one. My mate has just gone and bought an I2 and I'm a bit paranoid about him crashing it and leaving us with no drone for work.

Is a parachute needed?

Thanks

Last edited:
The I2 has a lot of redundant systems. The likelihood that the motors stop is very low and you have te be at an height of +/- 50 meters to activate and fully release the parachute. So I think that a parachute will not prevent you from crashing your drone due to power/motor failure.

I was wondering if anyone has got a parachute system for the I2 and if so which one. My mate has just gone and bought an I2 and I'm a bit paranoid about him crashing it and leaving us with no drone for work.

Is a parachute needed?

Thanks
Depending on the system, I have found pretty much all of them totally useless for 'saving' your aircraft in the event of failure.
The kinetic energy on reaching the ground is still sufficient to wipe out a gimbal or break an arm (or two).
It is more for preventing (minimising) injury to others in the event of a single point of failure and gives the aviation authorities a sense of comfort in submitting any OSC for consideration.
Don't rely on it to save your UAV.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486