Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Part 107 Registration?

Reaction score
I haven't taken my 107 test yet, but do I have to register for an N-number to fly commercially, or can I use my FA number that I've had assigned for several years now? I have a few drones I plan to use with my company that currently have my registration numbers on them.

There is a separate registration process for 107 Operators, you cannot use your hobbyist registration number. Hobbyists get one number they can put on each of their sUAS. For Part 107, you need to have EACH sUAS registered separately under your account.
FAADroneZone

Last edited:
There is a separate registration process for 107 Operators, you cannot use your hobbyist registration number. Hobbyists get one number they can put on each of their sUAS. For Part 107, you need to have EACH sUAS registered separately under your account.
Thank you...that is what I was looking for! I will change my numbers once I pass the test then. Appreciate the response.

Reactions: boefinator
The nice thing is that once you re-register under Part 107, that single number can be used for Hobby or Commercial. In other words, there is no need to have two different registration numbers on your bird.

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
Be sure to use the official FAA site to register your drone:
FAADroneZone

Once you logon there is a link to your part 107 dashboard where you can see all your registrations as well as where you request and see the status of your airspace authorizations.

Beware of sites that do allow you to register and charge more than 5 dollars for their “services”. They are typically going to this site to do your registration under a different logon ID and password assuming they are legit but it is not linked to your account.

DRONE REGISTRATION

I do not recommend using this site. They are a "service" site and not the FAA. See my link/reply above for FAADroneZone the FAA official site. They will charge you 25 dollars for a commercial registration and you get nothing more than the 5 dollar registration where you do the same on the FAA site. I actually used them by accident thinking it was the FAA site. I'm now struggling to get the FAA to move my registration this company did to my real user/pwd on the FAA site (FAADroneZone). They claim it can't be done and I'm not sure why.

I do not recommend using this site. They are a "service" site and not the FAA. See my link/reply above for FAADroneZone the FAA official site. They will charge you 25 dollars for a commercial registration and you get nothing more than the 5 dollar registration where you do the same on the FAA site. I actually used them by accident thinking it was the FAA site. I'm now struggling to get the FAA to move my registration this company did to my real user/pwd on the FAA site (FAADroneZone). They claim it can't be done and I'm not sure why.
My bad, I'll change the link, I thought it was the FAA link, they disguised it well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenriettaF