Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

paypal rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok here's the problem I had purchased a inspire 1 from a guy in the classified section here! So he wanted to make the transaction through PayPal so I sent the money for the drone! So I guess he thought paypal released the funds as soon as they were put into his account which for safety reasons to keep buyer and seller protected from scams they put a hold on the funds till they either get tracking number or buyer receive item right? I get a call from this guy saying that he's issuing a refund for my money because he doesn't feel safe sending the inspire before he gets his money from paypal! What's your thoughts on this! Plus the ad is still up even though I had paid for the item through PayPal!

Ok here's the problem I had purchased a inspire 1 from a guy in the classified section here! So he wanted to make the transaction through PayPal so I sent the money for the drone! So I guess he thought paypal released the funds as soon as they were put into his account which for safety reasons to keep buyer and seller protected from scams they put a hold on the funds till they either get tracking number or buyer receive item right? I get a call from this guy saying that he's issuing a refund for my money because he doesn't feel safe sending the inspire before he gets his money from paypal! What's your thoughts on this! Plus the ad is still up even though I had paid for the item through PayPal!

He may not be used to that feature as it sounds new. Worked out for you though, you can find a buyer that does.

I still want the inspire! Very sad now! I sold all my rc helicopters to do this deal!

Last edited:
To be fair, there is a well known scam which uses this method to con sellers out of their product and money. Not that I am saying you are a con artist but I do understand your sellers reluctance. Best thing for you to advise is that your seller call PayPal to confirm all is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he wants the cash before your have a chance to try the Inspire...

Although, I hate PayPal they give way to freedom to the buyer, so much that the buyers can & do abuse the privileges to end up with the product & their cash back. So I can understand why he got cold feet & Paypal only hold cash on transaction like this if he has no recent history selling... So it probably really surprised him they were gonna hold on to the funds.

In the end, I would lose any sleep over it, because there was really nothing to buy in the first place. There are plenty of Inspires for sale.

Wormwood

Reactions: skylabimaging
Sounds like he wants the cash before your have a chance to try the Inspire...

Although, I hate PayPal they give way to freedom to the buyer, so much that the buyers can & do abuse the privileges to end up with the product & their cash back. So I can understand why he got cold feet & Paypal only hold cash on transaction like this if he has no recent history selling... So it probably really surprised him they were gonna hold on to the funds.

In the end, I would lose any sleep over it, because there was really nothing to buy in the first place. There are plenty of Inspires for sale.

Wormwood

Yup I can to...if he crashed it 150 days after he bought it he could claim it was the sellers fault and claim a refund...so stupid

No I'm the buyer! I've been flying rc helicopters for over 8 yrs! The guy I'm talking about is the seller! Lol

Well do any of you guys have a rev b inspire with extra 5700 or 5800 batt for 5500 plus 60 dollars shipping?

paypal rule not mine! Anytime there's a large amount of money being exchanged seller or buyer there is a hold on the money till item is shipped and tracking information is provided! So even if you sell it to anyone else through PayPal it will be the same outcome! Rather you a new seller or buyer it's paypal way of protecting your investment and don't get scammed or cheated out of yoUr money!

Looks like the Seller doesn't understand the way PayPal works.
Can you PM me the details (sellers id) etc. Please?

Your post was locked but kept there so it can be seen. I do not disagree with you. Maybe paypal saved YOU?

That's what my wife said! It probably wasn't meant for me to have This particular one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo