Personal best distance test

Actually it's not a regulation, it's a recommendation.
It is a rule or regulation as stated by the FAA or, are you one of those people that believe that income taxes are a request or suggestion...

"
The FAA is issuing this interpretation because we have received many inquiries regarding the scope of the special rule for model aircraft in section 336 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 and the FAA’s enforcement authority over model aircraft as affirmed by the statute. In this interpretation, we explain the history of FAA oversight of model aircraft operations and the new statutory requirements that apply to model aircraft operations, and then clarify how the FAA intends to apply its enforcement authority to model aircraft operations that endanger the safety of the National Airspace System (NAS). "

And you can support that assertion with what objective evidence?
Direct from the faa website.

Model Aircraft Operations

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

See just recommendations @DennisR

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggvMAU&usg=AFQjCNHMlWa156DdGMXCsZ8zQrC3_yFZiw

Found ur post very informing and interesting!! AMAZING DISTANCE!! Thanks for sharing and screw dem punks ha!

Impressive flight; thank you for sharing.
I have the original Inspire and fly in the Arctic. I use it for prospecting so I tend to stay close to the surface (about 40'/50') but some of the ranges I explore are slightly over 800' ASL. Most of the time the drone is a speck, often significantly below where I am walking (I usually climb the range and launch the drone from the high point).

Reactions: Chris McCorkel

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience and the details of your flight. I found the distance incredible and it would really be cool to see the video. Looks like a few egos got bruised so they decided to start acting like they have an obligation to point out all the "rules" you broke. Don't let them prevent you from posting more. You live in a beautiful area of the country. As a matter of fact I lost my first Phantom in the ocean when we rented a house in Big Pine Key.

Do you have a site or Youtube channel where you share your videos?

Thanks, Brad J.

Amen
Well said
I started this topic to confirm the distance that DJI says these copters can be flown with stock equipment and it got turned into a (Shame On You for doing such a thing)

Amen
Well said
I started this topic to confirm the distance that DJI says these copters can be flown with stock equipment and it got turned into a (Shame On You for doing such a thing)

I am a brand new Inspire 1 owner and found this post very informative. As a landscape photographer I have no desire to fly such distances but it's very comforting to know that the equipment has that capability.

I agree that it's a tremendous shame many people find the need to politicise every discussion - forums have a way of attracting key board warriors.

I live in Australia and we have PLENTY of room in this place called 'the outback' to come and fly any distance or altitude you desire without fear or worry of safety, regulation or recourse - feel free to come over any time

Thanks again - Jay

Reactions: slim.slamma
As long as you fly in the outback, its not a problem. Otherwise the rules here are very strict.

@WILLIAM BAKER you have only made 4 posts on the community 50% of which have been deleted due to their abusive content - can we please put an end to the personal attacks?

Thank You.

Enjoy flying. Be safe!