Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Personal best distance test

The information on the distance flight is for all that are curious about the DJI claim to the increases of range with the newer models. Everyone that flies has the question of how far can i go in the back of their mind? . I have done the distance tests with all of my DJI copters, for my own personal knowledge and wanted to share with the few that do not have a safe place to perform the distance flight. Anyway like i said the test was done over uninhabited area. The 330 ft altitude was for the purpose that my spotters could see it easily while on boats, and no obstructions to fly into over water.
The other thing is why put equipment in jeopard? NO one intends to do that. Operators have had disasters yards from their home points.

We trust the readings, and flight info of the APP (sometimes they fail) but we hope for the best, make sure we perform a pre flight check for a long distance flight(specifically). The most important thing i did before this long flight was installed new propellers.

This thread was started for questions for the curious of the copters capabilities, not about FAA regulations.

In the end the users of copters that fly into buildings, people , etc. would not have taken the time to set up the place and time and wait for weather to be crystal clear (look at the picture) to do such a test. This was a 10 minute flight that took hours to make happen safely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary E
No one actually believes you had spotters on all the islands and in the boats, lol.

Looks like a safe location to conduct such a test, better than those who fly miles over populated areas.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
PM me if you are interested in joining a discrete long distance group (by invite only). Be prepared to show a LD flight record and use your real name, as the group is made up of only very senior RC fliers and aliases are not permitted.

Posting LD BLOS flights publicly here will only draw fire.

For the skeptics, you should be aware that BLOS and FPV flight are actually both included and allowed for in the US AIRR Act legislation making its way through the process.

The key is to do it safely.

It's not a law. It is a guideline. The FAA can't make it a law they don't have jurisdiction and congress specifically forbid them from doing so in 2012 anyway.

Can they make your life miserable if they want to, yes. Generally speaking do people enjoy miserable lives, no.

But it's not a law you can't disagree with that fact.
First you say it's not a regulation and then later not a law, your story keeps changing. As previously stated, stop the hairsplitting pedantics. This is why it's important:

Can your community restrict where drones can fly?

Those of us who manage to color inside the lines are worried that posts like this will end up ruining the joy for us all and, of course juveniles can't grasp that concept...

PM me if you are interested in joining a discrete long distance group (by invite only). Be prepared to show a LD flight record and use your real name, as the group is made up of only very senior RC fliers and aliases are not permitted.

Posting LD BLOS flights publicly here will only draw fire.

For the skeptics, you should be aware that BLOS and FPV flight are actually both included and allowed for in the US AIRR Act legislation making its way through the process.

The key is to do it safely.
But, both LD BLOS as you call it and FPV are clearly outside the regulations as they currently stand in all areas governed by the FAA. So, I assume you very senior RC fliers are flying outside the USA...

First you say it's not a regulation and then later not a law, your story keeps changing. As previously stated, stop the hairsplitting pedantics. This is why it's important:

Can your community restrict where drones can fly?

Those of us who manage to color inside the lines are worried that posts like this will end up ruining the joy for us all and, of course juveniles can't grasp that concept...

What's the difference between a guideline and a law? What's the difference between the FAA and Congress? Please make this clearer for me.

Last thing I want to do is to spoil a party but IMHO subject of the thread was "best distance test" and not the FAA ;-)

BTW the catchment area of the FAA concerns only a small part of the world!

Reactions: Sirhc
Tough case to prove that someone can't see they drone simply because you can't.
Even if a person admitted to loosing sight
Actual law to convict a person. Don't exist
FAA rules/recommendation is not law. Following faa rules should keep a pilot chances low on harming others. Law and order is needed but we only have recommendations because ain't no enforcement. Name a conviction of any

Last edited:
Reactions: SultanGris
This statement is untrue.
With regards to the faa recommendations in the usa it's 100% true, there may be local city ordinances in your area that make these faa recommendations into city law, but none of them are law federally.

Tough case to prove that someone can't see they drone simply because you can't.
Even if a person admitted to loosing sight
Actual law to convict a person. Don't exist
FAA rules/recommendation is not law. Following faa rules should keep a pilot chances low on harming others. Law and order is needed but we only have recommendations because ain't no enforcement. Name a conviction of any
Again, who said this was a law? It's a regulation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla