Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Phantom Angel company - misleading - buyer beware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should have been relegated to the trash bin many posts ago.
Yes...how DARE I expect to be informed on shipping estimates! Who the H do I think I am?!?!?!?

Do us all a favor; put yourself in the trash bin. You contribute literally NOTHING to this topic but your own self-serving, peanut gallery drivel. Thanx for nothing.

D

Oddly enough, when I went to order 2 different Phantom Angels on 2 different occasions, knowing the manufacturer was overseas, I emailed them on expected time of delivery. I was told it could be several weeks. I accepted that and continued my order. That was pretty easy, no drama.

Reactions: The Editor
Oddly enough, when I went to order 2 different Phantom Angels on 2 different occasions, knowing the manufacturer was overseas, I emailed them on expected time of delivery. I was told it could be several weeks. I accepted that and continued my order. That was pretty easy, no drama.
Several? Like 7 or 8???

Wouldn't it best be served to just have that information on the website from the get go? Or before you press that "pay now" button? Isn't transparency better than no transparency? Isn't having information better than not having information? Do you always email vendors and ask "how long?" before you buy?

And how did you know the vendor was overseas?? Where did you get that information??

Asking for a friend.

D

Ok. So do we need counseling so we can all get along..... This is getting like faceless book when comments get personal. We are professional enthusiast or operators. Lets keep it that way. Um just sayin......

I must say that I find it rather strange when I offer - what seems like - objective criticism of - what seems like - an obvious problem, and I get bombarded by the peanut gallery with either not enough time to read the entire post (which results in inappropriate comments like "The Phantom Angel is a great product!!") or those who feel that it's really "none of our business" how long shipping takes or where a company is located. Odd, odd behavior. I'm not looking for an echo chamber, but I would THINK that most would agree and, maybe, offer up solutions like - oh....I don't know - telling the owners to make that information transparent on their website. I've already told John via email that that information should be made clear up front, which seems extremely reasonable to me. I thought that others might join me in that campaign.

Definitely an interesting group, I must say. And, of course, there are a few on here that make it worth sifting through the chaff.

D

Reactions: mikieh51
There’s always a risk buying outside the country. The question is who should take the risk. The seller should have some sort of insurance via the shipping company, and the buyer could also try file a claim with the credit card.

During the pandemic I’ve lost about 6 small packages bought on eBay from China. 10+ years prior to this I’ve received every single one of the many many orders from abroad mainly China.

Hang in there Donnie, should show when you stop expecting it.

I've lived and ordered out of USA, one consideration is the other Country's shipping. Normally very minimal on tracking & updating. I've had 1 shipment from Italy, indicating still at Italian Port, when it showed up next day. Another, was hung up in USA Customs for over 12 weeks... that may have been an India package.

Despite all the warnings, I took a shot at China's Alibaba on a M2P chute and extras: additional chutes, and primer kits and Mini2 case... all different vendors. All eventually showed up, amazingly within 6 weeks.

Actually my worst has been a DJI Dealer in UK that had Ausie Warehouse... showed shipped, never showed after 6 months... PayPal was great to restore lost funds.

Long story... it'll most likely show up. It may be postal on either end causing delays vs Shipper.

Hope it's worth the long wait & patience!

There’s always a risk buying outside the country.
Sure. But if you read the OP, my entire point is that they don't even tell you that they are based outside the U.S. At this point I'm reasonably sure they hide that information on purpose.

The question is who should take the risk. The seller should have some sort of insurance via the shipping company, and the buyer could also try file a claim with the credit card.

During the pandemic I’ve lost about 6 small packages bought on eBay from China. 10+ years prior to this I’ve received every single one of the many many orders from abroad mainly China.
I have seemingly lost 1 package from China. I just told the seller to send me another. Other than that, with the exception of the Phantom Angel, everything from overseas has been shipping in a timely manner. Even worse, the Phantom Angel has been on U.S. shores for 10 days with no information, and the POS shipping website is down 50% of the time.

1618692378122.png

D

I have had two of the Angels. The first one I bought years ago for my I1 around the time Alex first started making them. He told users on forum that he was based in Greece and that he made these by hand and I ordered one because there was nothing else like it on the market to properly condition the batteries at the time. I think it took 3 months for me to get it and I did write him a couple of times asking about the status (being the impatient American) and he always promptly replied so I waited. Great product which I gave to the I1 buyer of my bird. Bought another a few years later when the I2 arrived. Took a while to get but much more refined that initial product and works great. Still shipped fron Greece and with patience good products are worth the wait.

I have had two of the Angels. The first one I bought years ago for my I1 around the time Alex first started making them. He told users on forum that he was based in Greece and that he made these by hand
I wonder why the website doesn't include this information?

and I ordered one because there was nothing else like it on the market to properly condition the batteries at the time. I think it took 3 months for me to get it
Yikes.

and I did write him a couple of times asking about the status (being the impatient American) and he always promptly replied so I waited.
I've emailed John a few times. He replied at first, but once the Phantom Angel landed on American shores 14 days ago, I haven't heard back. I am completely unfamiliar with Hellica Post, so my hopes were that, being from Greece, he had a better line on shipping information. I guess not.

Great product which I gave to the I1 buyer of my bird. Bought another a few years later when the I2 arrived. Took a while to get but much more refined that initial product and works great. Still shipped fron Greece and with patience good products are worth the wait.
I'll reiterate that my complaint is NOT how long shipping takes. But that we're not told up front how long shipping takes. Seems if an item is going to take 2 months to arrive in a world were most items are shipping from China in 3 weeks, they ought to be up front about it.

D

I'm sure I am off topic now as I think the post has devolved into something else, but oh well...

Over the years I have ordered/received 3 Phantom Angel variants. Worth the wait. Worth the money. Alex is a great guy. If/when I need another one, I'll be ordering again.

Patience.

Reactions: Droneted
Several? Like 7 or 8???

Wouldn't it best be served to just have that information on the website from the get go? Or before you press that "pay now" button? Isn't transparency better than no transparency? Isn't having information better than not having information? Do you always email vendors and ask "how long?" before you buy?

And how did you know the vendor was overseas?? Where did you get that information??

Asking for a friend.

D
Yes several. I always check to see where a custom product is coming from. Before I ordered I researched the product, checked reviews and contacted the vendor. Pretty simple.

I will simply say that I purchased mine pre-covid. Excellent company and the device is great. Right now the US Postal Service is killing small business in the USA. They keep blaming covid and that excuse is now long gone. The USPS is the worst run organization in the US and they answer to no one (literally). Their atrocious service has caused many problems with small businesses (here and abroad) and also led to many posts like this one. We did not see the the actual tracking details but I would dare say the delay most likely is a result of the USPS. Again, the Phantom Angel company is great and I give them 5 stars.

OK - I think this thread has run its course now.

Lots of positive feedback regarding the integrity of the company (Alex) and the product itself. With endorsements from members on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.

Unfortunately, Donnie guess you will just have to be patient a little longer and I’m sure it will turn up. Seems like a proportion of the delay is attributable to the US domestic postal service rather than international shipping delays.

Anyhoo - I’m sure it won’t be long and sure you’ll be happy with the product.

Reactions: dirkclod and SanCap
I'm sure I am off topic now as I think the post has devolved into something else, but oh well...

Over the years I have ordered/received 3 Phantom Angel variants. Worth the wait. Worth the money. Alex is a great guy. If/when I need another one, I'll be ordering again.

Patience.
The point of the post is that Phantom Angel is not transparent about their location or shipping times. That is the only point. The post is NOT about:

1) The quality of the product
2) The quality of the owners
3) The amount of time the item takes to ship

The post is about not telling potential buyers BEFORE THEY PAY that they will have to wait 7-9 weeks for their product.

Seems like a fair enough request/expectation to me.

D

Reactions: dougcjohn
OK - I think this thread has run its course now.

Lots of positive feedback regarding the integrity of the company (Alex) and the product itself. With endorsements from members on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.

Unfortunately, Donnie guess you will just have to be patient a little longer and I’m sure it will turn up. Seems like a proportion of the delay is attributable to the US domestic postal service rather than international shipping delays.

Anyhoo - I’m sure it won’t be long and sure you’ll be happy with the product.
So you disagree with me that Phantom Angel should be transparent about shipping estimates? You feel they should keep this information hidden? In addition, you believe they don't need to mention where they are based out of or where they are shipping from? Because literally, that's the entire point of my post. Dare I say, it's the ONLY point of my post.

Please share your thoughts.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry