Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Photo and video help

Reaction score
I'm not a photographer, I'm a pilot, and I need help.... I've been flying the inspire 1 for 4 flights now, all local around my house, and taking photos. But, why do my photos SUCK? What settings can I change to improve them? Any and all tips would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 42
  • DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 33
  • DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 37
I'm not a photographer, I'm a pilot, and I need help.... I've been flying the inspire 1 for 4 flights now, all local around my house, and taking photos. But, why do my photos SUCK? What settings can I change to improve them? Any and all tips would greatly be appreciated.

The camera has been exposed and measured the light of the sky. Therefore, the shady garden is extra dark. But it is possible to lighten up afterwards, if you want to and can edit images.

Took the liberty to edit one of your photos a little...
DJI_0012.jpg

You can also use the right-hand scroll wheel, to change the exposure .. and do HDR-pictures.

Reactions: Dean B
thank you so much, that looks a lot better. May I ask what you used to edit it? I have a mac, so will photo work? I'm also starting to look at imovie too.

I'm new to photography, I'm sure there is a steep learning curve.

thank you so much, that looks a lot better. May I ask what you used to edit it? I have a mac, so will photo work? I'm also starting to look at imovie too.

I'm new to photography, I'm sure there is a steep learning curve.

I use Photoshop CC.. But most photoediting-programs will work.
Lightroom is cheaper, but is both good for image editing and cataloging images.

Last edited:
You could also just use the exposure settings within the DJI Go app as you fly and set proper exposure while looking at the screen while in flight. The app explains all this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth