Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

picture and video playback problem with go app monitor?

Reaction score
I am new to my inspire. Sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find anything in the search option. If I take any pictures and try and view them through the transmitter/tablet it will only display the top half of the picture with the bottom either black or sometimes green and pizeled. It will keep cycling and never show the full picture. If I download the pictures to my phone or tablet they display fine. Am I doing something wrong? I wouldnt think it should be doing this. Any ideas?
thanks
Jeff

I am new to my inspire. Sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find anything in the search option. If I take any pictures and try and view them through the transmitter/tablet it will only display the top half of the picture with the bottom either black or sometimes green and pizeled. It will keep cycling and never show the full picture. If I download the pictures to my phone or tablet they display fine. Am I doing something wrong? I wouldnt think it should be doing this. Any ideas?
thanks
Jeff

You mean this?

1565095117400.png

The answer and the cure.

D

I have watched that one before. I havent noticed a problem while flying. My issue is after I have landed and am trying to view what I have shot it will not show up properly on the playback. it makes it impossible to view what I have shot without downloading to my phone or removing the card and viewing it on my computer.
thanks
Jeff

I have watched that one before. I havent noticed a problem while flying. My issue is after I have landed and am trying to view what I have shot it will not show up properly on the playback. it makes it impossible to view what I have shot without downloading to my phone or removing the card and viewing it on my computer.
thanks
Jeff

I'm pretty sure DJI uses the same channel for recorded video as it does for live video feed, hence the video I posted. That said, maybe there's an issue with the playback function of the camera. If this is a consistent, chronic issue, I would tend to blame the camera. Do you have another camera you can attach to your Inspire to test playback?

If you post a screen capture of your channel signal strength/interference (HD menu), this will reveal - and therefore eliminate - any interference issues you may be having with the playback function.

D

Last edited:
I just picked up my inspire used a couple weeks ago, I only have the camera that came with it and was told it was new that he used a different camera on the bird. I think I screen shot what you were asking about. This shot was the worst of them in the way of red bars. Hope this answers things. Even sitting 2 ft from the bird I can’t look at my previously taken shots
Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• 0C069DAD-C915-47A3-9A33-2E0FAE71CC50.png
    0C069DAD-C915-47A3-9A33-2E0FAE71CC50.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Donnie Frank
I just picked up my inspire used a couple weeks ago, I only have the camera that came with it and was told it was new that he used a different camera on the bird. I think I screen shot what you were asking about. This shot was the worst of them in the way of red bars. Hope this answers things. Even sitting 2 ft from the bird I can’t look at my previously taken shots
Thanks
Jeff

Oh yeah....that's horrid. I'm shocked you got any signal at all. This explains your dropped frames. I would bet dollars to doughnuts your live feed is < perfect, too.

The answer to your problem is the 32 channel hack:

1-17
1565228944258.png

16-32
1565228975348.png

32 channels will give you more choices in microwave-saturated areas. The 32-channel hack saved my bacon many times. 8 channels is not nearly enough. At my girlfriend's house (where this screen was captured), channel 31 is the only truly clear channel. So, if I were to fly here, that's the channel I would use. I sometimes forget that not EVERYBODY does the 32-channel hack.

D

do you happen to know if the hack works on the newest version of the go app? I was looking at finding the 32 hack config file and read it wouldnt work on newer versions of the go app. I downloaded a config file last night but when I install it like I watched in a video it still is only the 8 channels. Is there a version of the config file that does work with the latest go app or will I need to drop back on my go app version number?
thanks
Jeff

do you happen to know if the hack works on the newest version of the go app? I was looking at finding the 32 hack config file and read it wouldnt work on newer versions of the go app. I downloaded a config file last night but when I install it like I watched in a video it still is only the 8 channels. Is there a version of the config file that does work with the latest go app or will I need to drop back on my go app version number?
thanks
Jeff

I use Go App v3.1.1 and have for years. It's the latest version that does NOT require you login ten times to fly. It's also the latest version that doesn't force tests on you and other DJI Naziware. As an added bonus, it's rock solid. I highly recommend installing that version.

D

Thanks, I think I have 3.1.54 not sure how to drop back. App Store shows a new release just two days ago to 3.1.58
Might try that one if I can’t drop back
Jeff

Thanks, I think I have 3.1.54 not sure how to drop back. App Store shows a new release just two days ago to 3.1.58
Might try that one if I can’t drop back
Jeff

If you have iOS 12.3.xx, you have to turn off "Automatic updates," or the Go app (and Go 4 app) will keep updating automatically to 3.1.54 from 3.1.1. That said...

The 32 channel hack SHOULD work for 3.1.54. Remember that the Go App and Go 4 App have DIFFERENT .configs files. If you're using the wrong file, you won't get the 32 channels.

D

Well after learning about the hd screen, I watched the different channels and #14 was mostly green so I did a custom setting using only it and my playback is great now. I will fly it later after the mid days winds calm down. Still didn’t get the 32 hack working but am happy with it so far. Not sure if it is of any significance but I am about 1/2 mile from a Verizon tower.
Thanks
Jeff

Well after learning about the hd screen, I watched the different channels and #14 was mostly green so I did a custom setting using only it and my playback is great now. I will fly it later after the mid days winds calm down. Still didn’t get the 32 hack working but am happy with it so far. Not sure if it is of any significance but I am about 1/2 mile from a Verizon tower.
Thanks
Jeff

Yes, the Verizon tower operates in the same frequency band as your Inspire (microwave). It makes sense that you would get some interference from that tower. Half a mile is a pretty good buffer zone...but not sure that's enough to NOT interfere with your UAV video feed.

D

You mean this?

View attachment 26249

The answer and the cure.
Hello Donnie,
The BEST video I have seen for Inspire 1 (multiple a/c) with video transmission problems.
Definitely will subscribe.

From my photo you can see I both of my AC are already on 1.11 and the controller is on 1.7. Thanks for the tip on the rc downgrade - I have never seen that anywhere - great job!! Question: In the first part of your video you mentioned Dji would not go back 2 versions (like 10 - 8), but you did go to 1.9 - was that trick? Go to 1.9 first and then do another update for 1.8?

I have 2 Inspires running newer iPads (like 3 Years) and still constantly have video transmission issues every time we go out. My cinematographer is getting very frustrated trying to get his shots.

Any more suggestions?

D
097759AA-9F32-4684-9781-6003ABD50287.png

From my photo you can see I both of my AC are already on 1.11 and the controller is on 1.7.

I have not personally rolled back from v1.11.xx, but I know of only one other guy who did it successfully. Check the comment section of the video I cited earlier.

Thanks for the tip on the rc downgrade - I have never seen that anywhere - great job!! Question: In the first part of your video you mentioned Dji would not go back 2 versions (like 10 - 8), but you did go to 1.9 - was that trick? Go to 1.9 first and then do another update for 1.8?

I WAS able to eventually rollback to v1.08.xx. But since that video was made, I discovered the "DEBUG" file, which is in the follow up video:

I have 2 Inspires running newer iPads (like 3 Years) and still constantly have video transmission issues every time we go out.

My newest iPad has the USB-C interface. My other 2 iPads have the old Lighting cables. I stopped the iOS update @ v12.4.

My cinematographer is getting very frustrated trying to get his shots.

I can imagine. In dual camera mode, I'm camera op. So I can sympathize with your partner. Crappy video feed can be maddening. Fortunately, my partner and I haven't experienced crappy feed since 2017.

Any more suggestions?

Use Go App v3.1.1. Don't update your iOS without an exit strategy.

D

I am totally bricked now....
The first DEBUG was successful until I rebooted and turned on the controller. Then the bird beeped repeatedly, gimbal went limp.
All other DEBUG attempts cannot get past the bird beeping.

BTW. I am already open app 3.1.62, do you really want me to roll back to 3.1.1??

I am totally bricked now....
The first DEBUG was successful until I rebooted and turned on the controller. Then the bird beeped repeatedly, gimbal went limp.
All other DEBUG attempts cannot get past the bird beeping.

BTW. I am already open app 3.1.62, do you really want me to roll back to 3.1.1??

Using X3 camera?
Copy and paste your log file to here.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool