Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot Skill Irrelevant? (Disgruntled)

I tried out the POI feature and was pretty unimpressed. It couldn't seem to hold true center as it orbited. Height at 15 meters was the best but still not perfect. Piloting skills will never go out of style. Ask the pilot who emergency landed on the Hudson. A skilled pilot can do anything a computer program can do...only better. Check out my findings at
Thanks for that.

yea they handle the wind quite well. they go slower sideways so they cant hold position is really high crosswinds but they handle more than the average user would probably dare to fly in. I like to test the limits of its capability and I bet i could get a higher speed than that out of it in the right conditions.
I live in shetland all open space and windy which is why I bought the inspire,my cousin bought the phantom an was out with me one day,I didn't think it was particularly windy but the phantom flipped over while flying

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hey all, I was having a conversation earlier today with a friend about piloting skills. He was going on about how good this pilot he saw at a wedding was, and how he would orbit perfectly around people. I am not too bad myself in piloting and know that orbiting can be tricky.

It was a complete coincidence that a few hours later I find out the new firmware has come out. And I just want to express my worries that, just like airline pilots we might go obsolete some day. It kind of sucks that everything is becoming automated doesn't it?

I mean it kind of puts me down that a complete noob can push a button and come out with better results than an experienced pilot.

Also, if any of the devs are reading this. Why the hell did you slow down the Inspire???? Its one of the main reasons I bought it over other quads. FIX IT PLEASE. Thanks for a wonderful drone otherwise :)
Keep working on your skills. Like others have said, there's no substitute for good piloting combined with a good understanding of photography/video.
For example, just because someone can buy a good DSLR camera, flick it into auto and shoot, doesn't make them a good photographer. Sure they can sometimes get good results, but a good eye, years of experience and a willingness to go where others won't, that makes a good photographer/cinematographer in my opinion.
I believe the best photographers/cinematographers out there are always looking for new angles, new ways to use their gear, and having something like POI is just another tool in the kit.
Just because little Johnny down the street can auto orbit an object with his P3 doesn't mean we're playing in the same league :p

I live in shetland all open space and windy which is why I bought the inspire,my cousin bought the phantom an was out with me one day,I didn't think it was particularly windy but the phantom flipped over while flying
ive also got a phantom 2 vision plus, it can fly pretty well in the wind also if you use atti mode. the phantoms are limited to 30mph in gps mode but go around 48mph in atti mode in my experience. I flew mine in high winds a lot too and never had an issue with it flipping over, lol

Hello there,
Not sure that the phantom flipped due to high winds unless perhaps a phantom 2 set on manual mode. The gyro prevents the aircraft from flipping over, maybe something else was going on I doubt very much that strong winds was factor. o_O

DJI please change the Meters per second to KMH. or at least the option, m/s means nothing to me. almost everyone i talk to says m/s is stupid but as a n option just fine. Mph and KMH are what we know for speed please make it an option.

Reactions: huppe
DJI please change the Meters per second to KMH. or at least the option, m/s means nothing to me. almost everyone i talk to says m/s is stupid but as a n option just fine. Mph and KMH are what we know for speed please make it an option.

Agreed.

Maybe I could throw the Meters per second at a cop the next time I get pulled over for speeding.

"But officer, I was only going 50 meters per second".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc