Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pitch Yaw Control (3D Printed eBay Thingamajig) Also a Newbie Hello

Reaction score
Website
www.benhecht.com
Hi Guys, so I've been on here for ages and finally on Friday my Inspire 1, 2 extra batteries, and the new DJI Props are arriving from MulticopterWarehouse.com. They have been really helpful and I highly recommend them btw.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this eBay item that looks ghetto but is an interesting idea:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-printed-...512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487bea04b8

Its pretty low tech but looks useful.

BTW I am an artist and I use my current Phantom II for my artwork. Here is my latest series (apologies on the shitty drone footage.):
Apple actually tossed me outta the sky with a signal jammer when I was shooting the Apple Campus Two!

Anyway, I am SUPER EXCITED to start doing some great new work with the footage from the Inspire 1.
Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 12.43.03 AM.png

Reactions: RichardB and Ed.
Hey flydogs..
that's a diaphragm for your controller. .you know safe flying. .
if you need a little stabilization for your thumb then it might do the trick..
welcome to the forum. .I think you'll love your inspire1. .
happy flying ...
turbo..

Reactions: flydogs
Thanks for the feedback Turbo. I get what it does but I was wondering if the Inspire controller is adjustable enough in the sensitivity settings to make this physical limiter unnecessary. My Phantom might have benefitted from this.

Thanks for the feedback Turbo. I get what it does but I was wondering if the Inspire controller is adjustable enough in the sensitivity settings to make this physical limiter unnecessary. My Phantom might have benefitted from this.
I believe so flydogs ..I haven't felt the need to adjust my sticks so im not sure,but there's a ton of ajustments that can be made in the pilot app ..
I don't see why you would need a limiter..just use stick control. .
on a motorcycle or car we call it throttle control. .lol..
I find I need to make a mental note to push the sticks correctly to avoid unwanted imput..
Just my prespective. .
Turbo. ..

If you need crap like that to fly or control an aircraft of any description then you need to re-think your flying skills or take lessons on how to fly. Does it come with a real person who you can hand the controller to when you don't know what your doing?

Reactions: Kilrah
If you need crap like that to fly or control an aircraft of any description then you need to re-think your flying skills or take lessons on how to fly. Does it come with a real person who you can hand the controller to when you don't know what your doing?

Hey "gray52" your d*ckhead reply is unhelpful. Actually I have been flying paragliders, paramotors, and ultralights for years. There are plenty of people out there who make various interesting 3D printed mods for drones and I was just asking if this item was useful.

I don't understand the point to this cyclic ring. Imho it will cause more issues than help.

Howdy BladeStrike. Its probably totally unnecessary. Its a low tech way of adding more tension to the left stick to put more tension on pitch and yaw. I assume the sensitivity to those controls can also be done in software but this is a physical means to achieve the same for certain shots.

It does kinda look like crap though! 16 bucks so I might give it a shot. It just goes on with removable mounting tape.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 7.43.06 AM.png

I can't even see that helping honestly. It seems like it could be useful for learning 3d heli-flying but that is about all I can see. I wouldn't want to be fighting my sticks with this.

It doesn’t look like it is intended for flying the I1 at all. It looks rather like it is for use on the second controller for smoothing the beginning and ending of pans and tilts on the gimble. In essence it seems to be the same “rubber band trick” videographers have been using to get smooth pans and tilts on fluid head tripods for many years. On the tripod if you only use your hand on the pan/tilt arm to move the camera you will get a jump at the beginning and end of the move. If you pull the pan/tilt arm with a large rubber band instead it will stretch at first and give you a smooth ramp into the move. (You can also use two rubber bands and two hands to ramp in and out.) There are lots of examples online if you search. Whether or not this would be of utility on the I1 second controller I can’t say. I don’t yet fly one.

......... videographers have been using to get smooth pans and tilts on fluid head tripods for many years. On the tripod if you only use your hand on the pan/tilt arm to move the camera you will get a jump at the beginning and end of the move.

????? :eek:...... Don't have that problem on my Millers or Cartoni's - If I did, they would go back!

I don’t have to deal with that with my Sachtlers either but there are a lot of folks out there using Manfrotto “grease” heads that find the trick useful. It does help when sticktion is the issue. I have seen several people complain about lack of ramping on pans especially on the I1. I think this product is an attempt to address that. I don’t know that it will work for that but it seems a pretty simple thing to DIY.

Howdy BladeStrike. Its probably totally unnecessary. Its a low tech way of adding more tension to the left stick to put more tension on pitch and yaw. I assume the sensitivity to those controls can also be done in software but this is a physical means to achieve the same for certain shots.

It does kinda look like crap though! 16 bucks so I might give it a shot. It just goes on with removable mounting tape.

View attachment 891
Hey flydogs. .
guess I didn't really understand what you were trying to accomplish with the limiter,but now I get it...thanks for the education. .
turbo. ...

If someone find the 3D model for that, it will be a pleasure for me to print some !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207