Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Please help! Purple lines on video

Reaction score
hey guys,

I hope somone can help, i have had a few flights with my inspire 2 and x5s but on video mode i keep getting purple lines across the screen. This is also on the sd card and is visible when i look at the photos/or videos on the mac.

The purple lines dont appear on photo mode but do appear when i look at a photo after it taken.

Ive updated everything and also tried downgrading the firmware but no luck. I have tried an iphone 7 and ipad pro but still the same problem im stuck!

I have put a screenshot of the lines below, can anybody help?

I'm pretty sure that's the same problem I'm having. Started yesterday, shortly after doing a round of upgrades. Same symptoms, looks great when camera is in still mode, nasty flickering purple noise (horiz lines) when in video mode. Haven't bothered to check any recordings.
It's like a frayed Green wire making intermittent connection on an RGB system.
I'm pretty positive it's somewhere in the inspire, but no amount of movement changes how it looks.
Tried with Android 6.0 tablet, android 7.0 phone, ipad mini, dji goggles. All show the same problem.
Video problem is also shown when I have a slave transmitter connected.
And I see it when running Litchi.
Did I miss anything?

I haven't tried any software/firmware rollbacks yet, and yours is the first post I found regarding this problem.
I'll let you know if I find anything

Hey,

At least now i know its not just me who has the problem, mine was like this brand new but i did have to update it before i flew so probably the same as you. I have tried the FW downgrades but that doesn't work.

The worrying thing is even though still mode looks fine, the sd card pics and ipad pics show the purple lines.

I hsve searched all over the net and people have had the same problem just not on the inspire 2. They have used downgraded firmware, new camera etc as a fix but the only one i have yet to try is a faster or bigger sd card which seemed to work for a lot of people. I have just purchased the 64gb sandisk extreme micro sd (the one that everyone else got) hopefully that works but im not counting on it.

I will be really annoyed if i have to send it back to dji as i purchased it from the USA but live in the UK so i have to send it back abroad to qualify for warranty (my fault i guess for buying in the USA) however there is a repair company who is dji authorised who will inspect it for me but i hope its just the camera.

Will let you know if the sd card works.

I was able to remove the purple banding in the onscreen video today, but it's not a real fix because it limits your FOV. Thought it may at least help point someone in the direction of where the problem might be.

But first, here's my 2 part disclaimer:
1. I'm the first one to admit that I know a whole bunch of nothing about cameras and camera settings other than pushing the red button to make it work.
2. I'm also the first one to tell people that "I'm camera stupid, so please don't ask".

Here is what it looks like on my system:
upload_2017-6-4_17-5-32.png

This is not my photo but In the Video settings menu the second item down "FPS" is a drop down menu allowing you to change the frame rate of your recording, which also changes the camera's field of view.
As I increased the frame rate, i noticed a reduction in the amount of noise in the video. To keep it short, at 59.94 all the purple banding was gone and I believe the FOV was 'Narrow". All other settings had various amounts of noise.
I wasn't able to get any further due to the sudden arrival of a massive amount of bees or wasps that decided they liked the darker color my car and my shirt, which was pretty scary. Kept me away from the car and walking fast for an hour. All out in the middle of a dry lake bed. Never seen that before.
upload_2017-6-4_17-40-8.png
This second photo is from this post:
INSPIRE 2 best settings for the X5S

I still think a software/firmware upgrade caused it. Maybe something conflicting with the Apple ProRes codec.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-4_17-27-35.png
    upload_2017-6-4_17-27-35.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 10
Finally decided to send it in for service and here is the outcome:

upload_2017-6-16_10-39-41.png
From what I could tell, It's the flight controller and CineCore 2.0 processor

2 days for them to receive and diagnose the problem. (sent to LA from Las Vegas)
The invoice states "Repair will be finished within three to six business days."

Hey,

Mine was sent in as everything was getting worse and the camera was unusable.

It was sent from the UK to the Netherlands, they received it on Monday abd after 5 days the progress status still shows "to be received" apparently you have to allow 5 days just for unpacking. I can't believe how long everything is taking, at least your i2 will be back with you soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy