Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

...POI... PRACTICE...

Reaction score
This is a clip from to days practice.... its not easy controlling 4 different controls at the same time...god... i wish i had my glasses...

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bird
Try to slow down is better when practice.POI works fine but I found out that the closer you get the more you have to slow down your speed.

Try to slow down is better when practice.POI works fine but I found out that the closer you get the more you have to slow down your speed.
huppe.. could you post a video as a example ...of you doing the same thing as in the video...

I'd say you master the technique pretty darn well. Next step is to practice the same thing around a moving POI.

Cheers

It's definitely a challenge. I do it a lot with kayakers and canoeists on the lake near my house, and I'm yet to do a single one that I've been truly happy with, but I keep trying because I know it's a skill I'm going to need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for your kind remarks and comments ... i am concentrating on FPV at the moment ... i think.... flying FPV is the future for UAV's.... finding it hard doing it off the ipad mini ... (glare and all).... hope to have my glasses next month... safe flying....

I tried out the POI feature the other day. From the sound of the craft, it seems like the app is over-steering. By that, I mean I think it is making too many directional adjustments too quickly. My video shows some jerkiness as well. Hopefully they can smooth this out in future firmware.

The waypoints feature worked better for me. I defined two waypoints, and it flew smoothly between them. I used the second remote to manually aim the camera, and that video came out smoother. The only problem I found with waypoints is that the speed limit (11 MPH?) is ridiculously low. At least POI lets you go over 20 MPH.

Thanks guys for your kind remarks and comments ... i am concentrating on FPV at the moment ... i think.... flying FPV is the future for UAV's.... finding it hard doing it off the ipad mini ... (glare and all).... hope to have my glasses next month... safe flying....
Yes also I find it much easier when you focus on your tablet.
But you can set a POI with your app if it's a static POI and fly around it.In the mean time you can control your camera.
Moving POI's are indeed a challenge,but if you concentrate on your tablet keep an eye on your radar screen and use the little white dot in the centre to keep this at your POI.

The closer you are to the.. POI... the harder it is to do... no automated flight can do this.. at the finish of this clip i could have reached out and touched the inspire...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo