Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Post monitoring the health of M600 battery cells

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hello,

I'm wondering what app can be used to monitor the batteries life and get alerts if something is not good?

I use Airdata from a few years for inspire 1 and mavic but recently got M600 pro and found that Airdata can't monitor the cells of a drone with multiple batteries like M600.

Is assistant 2 capable of doing that? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reactions: SanCap
Hello,

I'm wondering what app can be used to monitor the batteries life and get alerts if something is not good?

I use Airdata from a few years for inspire 1 and mavic but recently got M600 pro and found that Airdata can't monitor the cells of a drone with multiple batteries like M600.

Is assistant 2 capable of doing that? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

After you fully charge them you can put them in the M600 and open the GoApp. You can click on the battery icon and check individual battery voltage. Do the same after you discharge them by flying down. You can monitor trends if you use them enough.

After you fully charge them you can put them in the M600 and open the GoApp. You can click on the battery icon and check individual battery voltage. Do the same after you discharge them by flying down. You can monitor trends if you use them enough.
Thanks for the help! Isn't there an app like airdata? I'm looking for something that can track and agregate the info from all flights and if there is a cell with problem that to be anounced instead of me going individually and observing every single battery and cell.

Thanks for the help! Isn't there an app like airdata? I'm looking for something that can track and agregate the info from all flights and if there is a cell with problem that to be anounced instead of me going individually and observing every single battery and cell.

For the record, the Go App shows you all 6 batteries on one page. If there are any flags or issues with any one of the batteries, you can tap on that battery for a view of that battery's cells. It's not as convenient as receiving a text message, but it's really not that arduous, either.

D

You should keep a battery log to periodically monitor voltage and detect trends or issues. Should be part of your maintenance schedule. I know it's a hassle but is necessary. I keep a log on each drone's batteries.

Here's mine for my 600 (M600P is only 6 months old). I try to check 'em every couple of months.

Attachments

• BATTERY LOG M600P N920NS.pdf
    140.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: SanCap
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

With 10 hours working day, multiple sets of batteries and recharging them on set ..., reality is that there is no time for doing manual log book and manually evaluating all 180 cells of 30 bateries. It's tedious even with inspire 1 where we go with only 5 batteries. Of course I'm cheking the batteries in DGIGO before each flight but on fully charged battery without any load I cant tell how the cells will perform when discharged to 50% or down to 20% and how those cells will perform when full power is applied. That's very important info for the safety of operation. The voltage deviation between the cells of a fully charged battery maybe neglectable while the same that battery could have problem on some of it's cells which problem occure when the battery is on load and is already depleted at some level. I have a lot of lipo batteries 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 6s and have seen a lot of different stories with them. After all I found airdata is the most convient way of doing that for our type of work but unfortunatelly they don't support multiple batteries per flight.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters