Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem after update Firmware v1.2.0.17

Olivier is a little maroon coloured button in the nose of the aircraft, look at the right hand side opening of the nose section and you will see it which is just under the top canopy bolt.

Thank you very much guys ! I can use my craft again I will use it with a single RC and send the second to the DJI support.
There is no way to hard reset it ?

Anyone can tell me where is this BIND button please ?
My friend do this. I had the same problem and I contacted DJI support
1 put the firmware file in the SD card, then put it in the aircraft's camera turn on the aircraft (don't turn on the controller before the aircraft) wait till the camera is balanced then plug your controller to the back of the camera using the cable provided by DJI with the inspire. Wait one minute and your controller will start updating. After 10 minutes the beeping will stop, your controller will be updated, and the controller will pickup the aircraft's signal.

I hope this helps.

Hmmm! Good to know, cause I was just watching an update video where the person in the video clicked a button in the app to start and follow the update process. So your saying don't do this?

Hmmm! Good to know, cause I was just watching an update video where the person in the video clicked a button in the app to start and follow the update process. So your saying don't do this?

Imho, best fool proof way to upgrade the craft is to leave the tx off and just power it on with the bin file. You will know it's finished when you hear da... da.da

Then put the bin on a freshly formated thumb drive. Plug it into the tx and power it on.

Reactions: ropewalker
Imho, best fool proof way to upgrade the craft is to leave the tx off and just power it on with the bin file. You will know it's finished when you hear da... da.da

Then put the bin on a freshly formated thumb drive. Plug it into the tx and power it on.

Thanks blade strike! I'll probably give it a try today. Let me ask though. I've had my I1 for about two weeks now. It has the firmware right before the latest update release and I have found it flies great, so do you still recommend updating it to the latest version or should I leave a sleeping dog sleeping and just fly it on the older firmware???

Thanks blade strike! I'll probably give it a try today. Let me ask though. I've had my I1 for about two weeks now. It has the firmware right before the latest update release and I have found it flies great, so do you still recommend updating it to the latest version or should I leave a sleeping dog sleeping and just fly it on the older firmware???

Imho, if your happy with .16 then I wouldn't. Wait for .2x, hopefully soon.

As usual it all depends on whether what was fixed is on your wishlist or not. Since I bit my tongue hard after doing an awesome shot the other day only to notice afterwards that I wasn't recording, I'm very happy about the record indicator that has been added to HDMI OSD.

I guess my other question is, exactly how do you see what firmware version are you running??? I know how to go in into the app to the about section and see versions, but they are versions for camera, gimbal, encoder, etc... So when you say, ".16 as opposed to .2" what part are you referring to???
I guess the overall firmware covers all of these different parts as a whole, but then how do you know what overall firmware you are running? Here is what my screen says...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 16
There's no indication of the "overall" firmware anywhere and no list of the individual versions in a given package (been asked for future releases though). Just compare versions with what other people have posted.

There's no indication of the "overall" firmware anywhere and no list of the individual versions in a given package (been asked for future releases though). Just compare versions with what other people have posted.

Well that's weird! So then according to the picture I posted what would you guys say is the version I am running???

It is a tiny red button just behind the cowling. If you are looking at the front of the inspire, the button visible from the left side of the unit. Use a flashlight to look under the cowling from the left side towards the front. It is red and small.

Well that's weird! So then according to the picture I posted what would you guys say is the version I am running???
Best way to know is to have the bin file on the sdcard and read the hidden log file, located drive\misc\logname.

This will show you firmware version and version checking for that firmware.

Not all peoples in app version numbers will show the same, different hardware revisions will load different packages.

Hmmm... Ok, well is it just me or does anyone else feel like this whole setup with firmware is a very archaic way of doing things!?!?!? I just think in future upgrades that DJI needs to really make these upgrades easier, more intuitive, and also simpler to read and pull up current firmware versions...! It's just too easy with current setup to get something wrong or there seems to be too many loophole ways of upgrading that might or might not work and also it isn't easy to know exactly what version you are running. Hope DJI can make this process much better and more foolproof!

Agreed on displaying the version but if you have the ability to change a tire then you should be able to upgrade the firmware.. So simple..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc