Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem reading the micro sd card. Help!

Reaction score
Hi, i have Zenmuse X5R and im unable to record videos since it doesn’t recognize the micro sd card.. i have tried many different one and i formatted each of them and no success.
I have a feeling its the firmware that has a problem since it days firmware unknown.. since its not recognizing the micro sd card im not able to do any firmware update. Is there any other way to do a firmware update? Is anyone here went thru this problem before?

Hi, i have Zenmuse X5R and im unable to record videos since it doesn’t recognize the micro sd card.. i have tried many different one and i formatted each of them and no success.
I have a feeling its the firmware that has a problem since it days firmware unknown..
The firmware version information is available in the Go App regardless of MicroSD card reader status. More than likely this is a hardware issue, not a firmware issue. I would not attempt to force a firmware update until you fully understand firmware and what its role is in making your drone reliable. That subject has been covered extensively in the forum.

since its not recognizing the micro sd card im not able to do any firmware update. Is there any other way to do a firmware update?
No.

Is anyone here went thru this problem before?
Card reader issues, though rare, DO happen. I have seen this a couple times in the forum. If memory servers, it has always been a hardware issue and not a firmware issue. A forum-wide search for "Micro sd card" (and different permutations of that search) should net better answers.

D

The firmware version information is available in the Go App regardless of MicroSD card reader status. More than likely this is a hardware issue, not a firmware issue. I would not attempt to force a firmware update until you fully understand firmware and what its role is in making your drone reliable. That subject has been covered extensively in the forum.

No.

Card reader issues, though rare, DO happen. I have seen this a couple times in the forum. If memory servers, it has always been a hardware issue and not a firmware issue. A forum-wide search for "Micro sd card" (and different permutations of that search) should net better answers.

D
So there’s nothing else to do with it? Only dji can repair it? They probably have to change the micro sd card reader from what i understand is that correct?

So there’s nothing else to do with it?
You've already formatted the card and tried different cards. I assume you formatted the card to exFAT. If not, that is the problem. I don't believe the X5 reads NTFS or FAT32.

Only dji can repair it? They probably have to change the micro sd card reader from what i understand is that correct?
Correct. I might try cleaning the card reader contacts, but that would be difficult (if not impossible) to do with standard tools you have at home. You would have to open up the X5. Most folks aren't comfortable with that level of disassembly.

If you have another camera (like an X3 or Z3) and/or another drone, I would want to see the card work in one of those devices to insure it has been formatted properly.

D

You've already formatted the card and tried different cards. I assume you formatted the card to exFAT. If not, that is the problem. I don't believe the X5 reads NTFS or FAT32.

Correct. I might try cleaning the card reader contacts, but that would be difficult (if not impossible) to do with standard tools you have at home. You would have to open up the X5. Most folks aren't comfortable with that level of disassembly.

If you have another camera (like an X3 or Z3) and/or another drone, I would want to see the card work in one of those devices to insure it has been formatted properly.

D
I actually have another x5r and it does work in it. I tried to clean from the outside but yea im not comfortable opening since i don’t know much about electronics repairs. The camera is also acting weird.. its flipping side sometimes.. i think is a firmware problem it needs to be refresh the firmware.. i hope there’s some way to install it without sending it back to Dji..

I actually have another x5r and it does work in it.
Copy that. So we can eliminate the card as the problem.

I tried to clean from the outside but yea im not comfortable opening since i don’t know much about electronics repairs. The camera is also acting weird.. its flipping side sometimes.. i think is a firmware problem it needs to be refresh the firmware.. i hope there’s some way to install it without sending it back to Dji..
I would approach this cautiously. You still haven't said which firmware versions you have (AC and camera). You should post that information so you can get good advice regarding your firmware choices. Simply "upgrading" is NOT necessarily the best option.

D

Last edited:
Copy that. So we can eliminate the card as the problem.

I would approach this cautiously. You still haven't said which firmware versions you have (AC and camera). You should post that information so you can get good advice regarding your firmware choices. Simply "upgrading" is NOT necessarily the best option.

D
When i go check the firmware it says Unknown.. there’s no firmware information at all. Which is the reason i think there’s a problem with the firmware.

What i realized now.. sometimes i see the image but sometimes the image doesn’t come and i can’t do much even the settings when i try to change it doesn’t work.. the only thing that works is it does connect to the osmo and the camera and the camera moves and all but the programming is not working. I think the firmware should be re installed..

When i go check the firmware it says Unknown.. there’s no firmware information at all. Which is the reason i think there’s a problem with the firmware.
Okay...that is what I wanted to know. I question if this is firmware or a communication issue between the camera and the drone. I would check to make sure all the pins are undamaged on both the camera and the bird. The only way to really do this is to take a macro photo of both and blow them up so you can scrutinize them. Or use a magnifying glass.

D

This looks like your iPad isn't even connected to the controller. You should have controller firmware, aircraft firmware and camera firmware. Your iPad isn't even connected to anything.

D
It has nothing to do with the pin since it’s giving me the same problem on my inspire 1 raw drone and the osmo handle. The osmo handle connect thru wifi connection to your phone or ipad so no thats not the problem.

when i insert the micro sd card it start reading it but it keeps on reading process. It looks like its the programming problem.

I dough the problem comes from the micro sd reader since it does start reading when i insert and when i remove it says no sd card. So the reader works.

It has nothing to do with the pin since it’s giving me the same problem on my inspire 1 raw drone and the osmo handle. The osmo handle connect thru wifi connection to your phone or ipad so no thats not the problem.

when i insert the micro sd card it start reading it but it keeps on reading process. It looks like its the programming problem.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, to troubleshoot a problem with your Inspire 1 and X5 camera, you're giving us a screenshot of your Osmo??????? You're making this difficult. I'll refer you back to my original assertion that we need to know your firmware versions (ALL of them) to give good firmware advice. A simple update to the latest firmware may be a shot to the foot.

D

Here is the problem.
I now inserted in my inspire 1 raw drone. As you can see on the photo the camera firmware version is 1.10.1.40+

when i don’t have the micro sd card inside the camera everything works but once i insert the micro sd card it doesn’t recognize.. it keeps reading for ever.. when i turn off and turn on the aircraft with the micro sd card inserted nothing comes on the screen. Its all black like it can’t recognize the camera.. it says gimbal not inserted.

so i think its the problem with the micro sd reader. I think it need to be changed.

Here is the problem.
I now inserted in my inspire 1 raw drone. As you can see on the photo the camera firmware version is 1.10.1.40+

when i don’t have the micro sd card inside the camera everything works but once i insert the micro sd card it doesn’t recognize.. it keeps reading for ever.. when i turn off and turn on the aircraft with the micro sd card inserted nothing comes on the screen. Its all black like it can’t recognize the camera.. it says gimbal not inserted.

so i think its the problem with the micro sd reader. I think it need to be changed.
I concur. This sounds like a hardware problem to me.

D

Sorry about the late reply, but I agree with Donnie, it is a X5R hardware issue.

Send it into DJI and see what they quote for a repair. If you are lucky it will be less than $300. Money well spent for that camera.

If the SD card does not work with your device (e.g., camera) and isn't recognized by your computer, the SD card may be bad. If your smartphone cannot read an SD card, the card may have been formatted by a device here that's incompatible with your phone's operating system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop