Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems after updating 1.09 firmware

Reaction score
I just updated my Inspire 1 firmware to the latest version and have run into a problem. Its shows that everything is normal, however, I am not getting a picture from the camera on my iPad, even though I'm able to get the camera to tilt. It shows that I have a weak signal. I am able to get the motors to activate. Also, I have all of the telemetry showing on my iPad. Is there anyone out there that has an idea of what could be wrong?

No, the camera goes through the normal sequence and stops in the normal position and will tilt and pan. When I first open the DJI Go app, it shows weak signal for a few seconds and then goes to No Signal. As I mentioned earlier, it displays all of the telemetry, such as battery strength, etc.

I noticed after I did my update I get the "weak signal" warning also. I was also getting very weak video signal. I went into the video signal screen on the app and switched it manual and chose the strongest channel and that cleared up my video latency issue. But I still get the "weak signal" warning "don't fly long distances" every time I fly now. I never use to get that before the update.

I had several similar situations:
At the start there was no error message although a significantly poorer signal was present and less satellite were visible because tall trees obscured the satellite.
At an altitude of 100 meters and a distance of 100 meters, at "best reception conditions", I got the "weak signal" warning, then the I1 independently turned from GPS-Atti to ATTI.
In the flight area there is neither industry nor is a settlement

I informed DJI Europe about this "error / firmware bug"? including "heathydrones" flight log evaluation but DJI denied a "firmware bug"

I got a the following answer:

(Answer is translated from German to english with google translate)

"No, that's not a mistake. This is by design. The sensor data are checked sharper by external interference. The copter then switched to Atti mode and so on are the pilot control. Thus a safe flight is ensured, provided the pilot dominates the aircraft. a loss of control is not equal to more dangerous. the copter checked doing a little more than just the number of Satellite. "

Original Text
"nein, das ist kein Fehler. Das ist so gewollt. Die Sensordaten werden schärfer nach externen Störeinflüssen geprüft. Der Copter schaltet dann in den Atti Modus und übergibt damit den Piloten die Kontrolle. Somit ist ein sicherer Flug gewährleistet, vorausgesetzt der Pilot beherrscht das Fluggerät. Ein Kontrollverlust ist ungleich gefährlicher. Der Kopter überprüft dabei ein wenig mehr als nur die Anzahl der Satelitten."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207